Dawn of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How To Save a Life

Go down 
+3
Alfred Pennyworth
Beast Boy
Superboy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Kon felt his breath come out as pants as he ran down the halls with the unconscious Tim in his arms. He needed to hurry. He had to hurry. Tim was loosing so much blood! Tears ran down form his eyes as he clutched the man close. Please God. Don't take him away. I need him. I- Oh please God I love him! Kon thought just before he saw the infirmary up ahead.

The sliding doors opened as Kon nearly busted through them. He didn't stop to take a breath. Instead he rushed towards one of the beds and laid his boyfriend upon it. Looking at the bleeding arm, he grabbed it as gently as he could and lifted it up. He remembered reading about how when something bleed it needed to be held up above the heart. Until Alfred could get there, he would do just that.

Tears continued to run down as he looked down at the man he adored so much. That he loved. "Tim..." he spoke, not understanding why the other would do this. "God why Tim?" he asked, though he knew the other couldn't answer. The words on his arm didn't even make since. Why would he carve perfect? He already was. He was so smart, a great fighter, could jump circles around him and even appear and disappear without him knowing how. He thought about the emotions of others. And- and he loved a being like Kon. The strange hybrid made by scientists and bad guys. "Tim don't go." he whispered out, his shoulders shaking. "Don't leave me Tim."

He could only pray to God that his boyfriend wouldn't disappear from him. "Tim... Tim... Tim.." he spoke in a mantra, wanting the man he loved back with him. "Tim- I-I love you. Tim."
Back to top Go down
Beast Boy

Beast Boy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Gar ran into the inferiority carrying Alfred with him. He set the man down on the floor.

"Tim needs you help hurry!!" Gar panicked.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Pennyworth

Alfred Pennyworth

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm

There hadn't been much warning for poor Alfred as he made his tea. Garfield had ran and taken him babbling about something incessantly. He almost wanted the being to shut up until he caught tim and blood in his words. He let the guy run him there.

When they had arrived he moved the moment he saw Kon holding up Tim's arms while tears ran down his face.

'Perfect' the arm read, and it made him a bit sick to his stomach.

"Master Kent, do continue. I'm going to grab the stitching wire." Alfred quickly moved to one area before coming back with a needle some gauze and thread. He watched the amount of blood had left the ex-Boy Wonder with paler than normal skin. He didn't know how long he had.

"I'm going to make this quick, just hold his arm still." Alfred commanded. He quickly put the stitching wire in the needle before moving to the deeper cuts, cleaning them before stitching them closed with practiced ease. He worked along the arm until he hit the P, which was already scabbing over. He cleaned that letter before slowly moving the gauze around Tim's arm.

"What happened?" He demanded, the wound he knew was self inflicted.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:15 am

After what seemed like an eternity, Gar and Alfred finally arrived inside. The elderly man approached him before looking at Tim and getting to work. At his words, Kon nodded stiffly and did as he was told. His hands held firmly on the damaged arm, almost scared to move it down even by an inch. He wanted to help. Needed to help.

he nearly flinched at the sight of the needle, but kept his mouth closed and firm, nodding at his instructions. As the stitching was done, he held the arm still and secure. His blue eyes focusing on Tim's unconscious face instead of the arm itself Tim... he thought with distress. Tim- he had to be ok. He just had to.

Briefly he let his eyes look away from the man he loved to look at Gar, remembering that the green man was still there. "Gar..." he spoke, his voice tight and broken. "Could- Could you go find Batman?" he asked. The man would need to know what happened with the ex-Wonder Boy. He was Tim's guardian. He cared about the bird. Just like Kon did.

When Alfred asked what happened, Kon's head snapped towards him and he felt his arms shake as his resolve crumbled. Where did he even begin?

"A-at the arena, we were there. Dick was in the fight and- and god- he didn't make it. Didn't even fight." Just talking about it was hard. "Tim-Tim shut down. He- he wasn't even there afterwards and I took him out of there. Brought him back. Tried to get him out of it. And for a moment it worked. He started crying and- and holding onto me." Things were so much better then then how it became later. "And- and we talked about Dick. For Tim- he- he never said goodbye. But-" God did he have to admit to this? This stupidity of his and the thing that made Tim hate him. "But Dick did say goodbye to me. The night before while Batman talked to Tim. I-I ran into Dick. And- and he told me goodbye. and I didn't understand what he meant and when I was telling this to Tim today he- oh god he just flipped out. Yelled at me, god he hates me so much now." The tears pored down heavily from the hybrid's eyes, his voice strangled and filled with pain. "Then he ran... from my room- that's were we were- and ran to his. I tried to follow but h locked the door. He could answer when I called and i began banging on it. Then-then Gar came and i was slamming myself against the door. I heard something clatter and then a thud and Gar helped me break the door down. He- he was in the bathroom and it was locked too. And I broke that down and-" His breath hitched just thinking about seeing Tim unconscious on the floor with blood pooling around him. It was terrifying.

"He wasn't awake, and there was so much blood. And- and a bird-a-rang on the floor. And I picked him up and- and here we are." he finished, his head bowed down as he wept. It was all his fault. He shouldn't have said anything. Or at least figured out what Dick really meant and got Tim. Something! Anything that wasn't what he did. That caused Tim to do this to himself.
Back to top Go down
Beast Boy

Beast Boy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:55 am

Gar grabbed Conner's shoulder. "Dude this is not your fault. You are not a mind reader. You don't know the future. You couldn't have know this would happen. This isn't Dick's fault but he should have tried to talk to Tim more before this happened. Especially if he knew he was going to die. You didn't cause this." He hopped to get threw to him.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Pennyworth

Alfred Pennyworth

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:21 am

"Master Garfield has a point." Alfred whispered out, looking at Beast Boy. His face was taunt, he didn't feel relaxed at all. Tim had slit his wrists again. This couldn't be healthy. Someone would need to make sure his mental stability was still in tact after this.

"Master Garfield, go find Master Bruce." He added, agreeing with the hybrid's previous statement.

Kon and himself needed to have a private conversation.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:25 pm

He felt someone's hand fall onto his shoulder before he heard his green friend speak. A part of him knew those words to be true. That there was sense in them. But it was so hard to believe it. Not when Tim was lying there unconscious and pale. It wasn't that long ago when the other had been laying with with on the bed, weeping into his chest and coming a little bit more alive. The clone had to open his mouth.

Superman wouldn't fail like this. Kon thought sadly, barely hearing Alfred say that the green Titan had a point. He still held his boyfriend's arm up, too scared to put it down, wasn't even sure if he was supposed to anyways. God it just didn't look right for Tim to be lying there like that. He- he was so fragile.

God please, please just keep him safe. he prayed, his shoulders sagging as his breath hitched.
Back to top Go down
Beast Boy

Beast Boy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Gar nodded and ran out as soon as he was told. He would find Batman and get him there if he had to knock the Dark Knight out himself and drag him there bodily. He doubted he would have too but he was prepared to do it.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Pennyworth

Alfred Pennyworth

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Alfred let his shoulders slump forward, moving to set up a glucose drip to help Tim's blood sugar level.

"Do you have any idea why he... did this to his arm? The perfect, I mean sir." Alfred was careful with the unnaturally pale Tim. He'd be fine, but it still bothered him. It reminded him so much of... D-Day it wasn't even possible.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Kon tried to keep his breathing in check, but it was hard. The tears kept falling and his body just wanted to sob. Tim- his Tim did something horrible to himself, and no doubt hated the hybrid now. What-what was he to do? How could he make things right?

Upon Alfred's question, the super looked over to the butler with pain-filled eyes. A reason...? The clone tried to think. Knowing Tim what would be the reason behind perfect? "I- Tim's always felt a little inferior to Dick..." He spoke out quietly. "He took the man's death pretty hard but it hurt a lot that Dick never told him, never said good bye. The fact I did made him so angry. But um... with- with the whole PERFECT-" His breath hitched as he tried to get his tears to stop.

"Um when B-batman first showed up, he spoke to Tim but then later left to find Dick. And Tim got upset with that too- he- he just feels like he's in Dick's shadow. That the other was always the best. And- I- I don't think he realizes just- just how amazing he actually is." Kon felt his throat tighten as his shoulders shake. He still refused to drop down the bandaged arm.

"God- Tim- he doesn't get how smart and fun a-and just so damn amazing he is." He didn't get it. Why could the man see it? See how just amazing and loveable he was?
Back to top Go down
Alfred Pennyworth

Alfred Pennyworth

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:22 pm

(( I LOVE YOU KOOONNNN <33333 ))

Alfred sighed, moving a hand to his shoulder.

"I'm not going to lie, Bruce saw all of them inferior to Dick in almost every way. But Dick was the person that should Bruce he could care, there will always be favoritism. But... Tim was always the one that was smarter than Dick. Dick's said it on more than one occasion. But... Tim, Tim's had a cutting problem before this. I'm unsure if your Tim had it, but ours did. When Conner Kent died the first time, Master Tim took it harshly and cut for a long time. Dick stopped him before he could slit his wrists one night.

"I just hoped this Tim... wouldn't have the problem. It's not your fault, it's not Dick's... it's how he copes with situations he can't figure out how to. Tim was never emotionally willing, almost as badly stinted as Bruce. After his parents deaths... it seemed impossible that we'd ever see him not just going through the motions. Until he discovered cutting, of course. None of us had known. But Dick... dick figured out what none of us could see.

"Master Tim... recovered but I guess the urges never left him." Alfred concluded, giving his two cents.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Feeling a hand upon his shoulder, Kon looked away from the unconscious man to the elderly one by his side. When Alfred spoke, the hybrid felt a bit of irritation and anger at the Dark Knight. How could he see Tim as inferior? True Dick had been a great person and fighter, but Tim- Tim excelled at many things and was great in his won way.

Kon gave a pained smile at the mention of Dick saying how smart Tim was. "Yeah, Tim's always been the smart one.[/i] he mumbled. That smile fell at the mention of the cutting. Dick said something about that too.

"When Conner Kent died the first time, Master Tim took it harshly and cut for a long time."

Pain filled the clone at those words. He knew that his death was hard on his, at the time, friend. But he never really knew just how bad the other suffered. He did this before... because of me... he thought as a new wave of despair hit him. "D-Dick mentioned him cutting before. When I had last spoken with him." he said, his voice quiet. "Told me to watch out for Tim . Make sure he d-didn't cut." And he failed. God he had failed.

"I-I never knew he took it so hard." he whispered, his shoulders shaking as he held that bandaged arm.

He barely listened to what else Alfred had to say. It was all about what the genius man had done to himself. Tim... he thought as he lowered the arm, but did not let it go. Leaning down, he placed a gentle kiss upon his boyfriend's brow. "Tim.."
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Down through the halls, Bruce ran as fast as the collar allowed him to. Now and again he would receive a little shock in warning, but he paid it no mind. Something happened to Tim. His son needed him! Moving through the halls with ease, knowing the manor better than he knew even the bat cave.

God what is wrong with Tim? he wondered, his heart clenching in pain and fear. He had just lost his eldest, was he going to loose another one too? No. he thought determinedly, a frown set deep upon his face. He couldn't. He wouldn't!

Finally the infirmary came into view and the tall brooding man stormed in through the sliding doors. Gray-blue eyes searched about before spotting Alfred and Kon-El hovering over a lying form. Oh god! he thought as he made his way over.

"What happened?" he asked no- demanded as he ran towards them. "What's wrong with Tim?"
Back to top Go down
Catwoman

Catwoman

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Selina was trying her best to keep up with her Shadow Lover, she knew the Manor almost as well as he did with all of her sneaking around at night. But, in her chaotic brain, all logic had left her. Tim was in trouble. Lot's of it if Beast Boy was flipping out like he did.

She almost sighed in relief when she made it to the room, briskly walking behind Bruce and planting an arm behind his waist, peeking around her athletic build. Her eyes asked as many questions as Bruce. What had happened?
Back to top Go down
Beast Boy

Beast Boy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Gar got into the room and moved past Batman and Catwoman.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked Alfred with worry.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Pennyworth

Alfred Pennyworth

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Alfred felt a bit of maternal pride well up in his chest. Tim and Conner had been perfect for each other, honestly. Even in his world. The scene he watched played before him helped solidify the fact that they were all near similar to each other. His family might be dead, but he was steadily making a new one.

Alfred placed his hand on the hybrid's shoulder. Giving it a squeeze and a blessing. Not that it mattered at all. After the moment had passed he looked at the door watching Bruce, Selina and then Beast Boy run in. He raised head before taking a step back away from Tim to let Bruce and Selina see the teen.

He shook his head at Beast Boy. There wasn't anything any of them could do. Tim had slit his wrists, there was nothing more they could do until he awoke.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Once more a hand fell onto his shoulder, but this time Kon did not turn to look. He kept his gaze upon the man he loved, his face still close as he tried to memorize it all in his memory. Tim was pale, eyes lids a bit puffy from his crying, and there were the faded sings of tear streaks down his cheeks. This was a face Kon wanted to remember, and then never see on Tim ever again. I failed in protecting you. he thought as his free hand brushed through short black locks. I won't make that same mistake again. He thought with determination. He wouldn't let the other out of his sight again.

Hearing footsteps running quickly towards them, he straightened up and turning his head in time to see Batman run into the room. Followed by a woman he vaguely recognized form some of his visits to the Wayne Manor of his universe and then Gar.

Upon the Dark Knight's demand of what happened to Tim, the hybrid took a deep shaky breath before lifting the hand that held Tim's bandaged arm, showing the damage done. If the Caped Crusader was as smart as he thought he was, the man would figure out soon enough what his boyfriend had done. Not that it made any of this any easier.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Bruce felt an arm press upon his waist, but didn't have to turn to know who it was. He knew that arm well from many a night to know it's owner. It was Selina. But he could not bring himself to place his attention on her. Instead, he watched as Alfred moved away from the figure on the bed to reveal Tim's unconscious form. He was so pale.... Then the clone went and lifted up a bandaged arm.

Bruce felt his blood run cold.

Swallowing hard, he took a look at the arm, the only thing wrapped up upon his ward. It meant that was the source of what was wrong. And the great detective that he was, he unfortunately figured out what that mean.

"He- he cut himself again. Didn't he?' he asked, his voice gruff and gravelly. His throat rejected the idea of speaking but he made himself do it. What he asked wasn't really a question. he knew the answer well. And yet there was a part of him, not controlled by rational thinking and logic, that wanted to believe it was something else. That it was an accident from training.

But he knew that not the case.

Tim.
Back to top Go down
Catwoman

Catwoman

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Selina's blood felt cold as the Super moved to show Tim's arm. It wasn't possible, she had promised them he was fine, he was okay. He hadn't cut in years. Well, two years. Why would the boy do it again? She felt her body naturally moved flush against Bruce's own. She needed him to tell her she was wrong and what she was seeing wasn't what had actually happened. MAybe Tim fell or something?

No...

Even her brain could tell her she was being stupid and unrealistic. Tim has cut himself to the point of needing Alfred. Did...

Did he try to kill himself?

--

Alfred blinked as he felt an alert go off into his pocket. There was a protector meeting going on and his presence was needed.

"I'm sorry, I must leave." Alfred was enveloped in a blue aura before disappearing.
Back to top Go down
Beast Boy

Beast Boy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Beast Boy glared at the spot Alfred had just disappeared from. He was needed here. Beast Boy then transformed into a small bird. He perched himself on Conner's shoulder. This was a family matter but he was a friend. He wanted to stay and help. He would do whatever the family needed.

He wanted to be out of the way but close enough to lend a hand.

"Just tell me what you need and I'll get it." He volunteered.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Kon felt his throat tighten at the Batman's question. If it could even be called that. Before he could say anything though, a strange sounds was made and Alfred checked a device in his pocket. The man soon left afterwards. It confused Kon a bit as to why the man left, but he couldn't really focus on the butler.

Looking back at Batman, he bit his lip before nodding. "Yes." he said quietly, his voice showing how much distress he had been in during all of this.

Feeling something land on his shoulder, the hybrid set his sad blue eyes on a little green bird. Gar. At his words he tried to give a smile, it turned out to be more of a grimace.

It was nice to have his friend there to help. But he wasn't sure what else there was to do until Tim woke up. He.. will wake up... won't he? he wondered, his heart clenching.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Bruce watched as Alfred left, a bit of pain and anger at seeing the man leave when Tim was in so much pain. But then he remembered... This wasn't his Alfred. He had no obligation to stay there now that Tim was patched up. But it still hurt a little. After the man left, Bruce placed his eyes onto the clone who held his son's arm, awaiting some kind of affirmation.

"Yes."

As soon as those quiet, pain-filled, words came out, Bruce felt a new wave of sorrow hit him. Why? Why did Tim to that to himself? He-he was getting better, he hadn't done it in a long time... so.. why?

Did this have to do with Dick's death? Bruce thought, a wave of pain and guilt hitting him. Tim had looked up to the elder ward. The two had always been close.

And instead of going to him to make sure he was alright, I was too focused on my own pain. Bruce thought with disgust at himself. He just kept skewing it all up. He almost lost another son because of his selfishness. How could eh call himself a father?
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

Red Robin

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Tim felt like his body was heavy, like cement. He didn't want to move, he really didn't.

Why did he feel like this? Why did he... feel so numb?

He made a small noise, it was pained and it hurt. Breathing felt like so much of a burden.

-

Selina pushed herself against Bruce, clinging to him desperately. She chest ached.

"Were you there?" She asked, serious in every word she spoke. Kon had to have been there, if he was this worried he must have been near or around him at the time he decided to cut his wrist. Slit his wrists.
Back to top Go down
Beast Boy

Beast Boy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Beast Boy chirped. "He was outside the bedroom door banging on it when I came over. We busted it down together and found him locked in the bathroom." Gar explained. "We brought him here and then I went and got Alfred and then you." Gar looked down worried about his friend.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:13 am

Kon felt his throat tighten at the woman's question. He didn't want to repeat what he had told Alfred, to relive what had all occurred. But as Gar explain arriving to Kon beating on the door, the hybrid found himself shaking and knowing he had to speak. To tell what had happened.

"After Dick died," he started, his voice quiet and a bit hard to get out form his tight throat. "Tim- he shut down. I took him out of the arena, had to get him out." he continued to mumble out, his eyes closing as he remembered how Tim had looked. Just this empty shell. "He- he was so cut off from everything. But I was able to get him to come out a little when we were in my room." For just one moment, Tim had been able to come out of the numb shell, to weep and hold onto the clone. "But- but he was upset that Dick never said goodbye to him and I- god I shouldn't have said anything but I mentioned of running into Dick the night before. When you were talking to Tim." he said, opening his eyes and looking at Batman.

"I ran into Dick, had told him about Tim and me. He gave his blessing. Then- then he told me goodbye. And at the time I didn't get what he meant." God he was so stupid. "And when I told Tim all of this- he- god he got so angry. He yelled out so many things. God he hates me now and- and he ran out of my room and I tried to follow. But he got to his room first and locked the door...." The rest. Well the rest was what gar had said.

God...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How To Save a Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Save a Life   How To Save a Life Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Save a Life
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next