Dawn of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-23

X-23

It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. Empty
PostSubject: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm

[[OOC Holy crap long ass title! I couldn't help it Q~Q]]

Laura sat in the living room, looking out the window she was next to. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying, and she wasn't exactly looking so great.

She was wearing a black, long sleeved shirt, with long jeans. As her hair was down and covering a part of her face, as if trying to hide herself behind the long black hair.

Though underneath the long sleeved shirt, there were fresh cuts on her wrists..Though the sleeved stopped at the palm of her hand, so no one would be able to notice.

She hadn't stopped crying, and when she was able to, she would just stare out the window. And wonder why the world was so cruel, and why did the one person whom she fell for had to die. It wasn't fair..to anybody..especially his family. And how that woman didn't even hesitate to kill..

And didn't even think twice about it.

The moments with Dick rushed through her head. As new set of tears started to form.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Steve had finally found a dumpster to dump the trash bag in. When that was done he had roamed the house. This manor was very different from the avengers mansion or any other building he been into. It was old, that was for sure. But also new. The portraits and pictures were interesting to look at.

After a while, Steve found himself walking into what must have been the living room. It was empty save for one soul. A young woman who sat by a window. She was weeping. This was something the old fashioned man could not stand to see. He began to walk over towards her. And as he did so, he realized he knew this woman. It was the former S.H.E.I.L.D. agent/weapon X-23. Laura.

He pause din his steps for just a moment. He was not fond of her, and the murders she had committed. But he had aided in making sure she was no longer a weapon to be used by S.H.E.I.L.D. And now she was here in this universe where they needed to battle to servive. And she was crying. No matter the case, he couldn't stand by and have her cry. In all honesty int eh time he was in her presence he never saw tears on her. Just anger. So this- this wasn't right at all.

And with that, he finished walking towards her and kneeled down. "What's the matter Miss?' he asked, his eyes softer than the last time he looked at her face to face. Though he was not fond of her, and disapproved her not answering for her crimes, he did not want to see a woman cry. And if she was here, then they were now allies in this war.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Laura hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings. But, when she saw someone kneel down to her from the corner of her eyes, she winced and backed up fast. Before she looked to see who it was, her eyes widened when she saw Captain America. The man who worked for S.H.E.I.L.D.

"What's the matter Miss?"

Her eyes narrowed a little as she backed up more, her gaze saying everything. Telling him to go away, and that she didn't want to speak to him.

Though while she had backed up, her sleeve had fallen down a little. Showing a little bit of a small cut.

But she was able to pull it back to her palm so no one could see, and made sure it was a quick action so this man wouldn't see the cuts.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:51 pm

X-23's reaction was expected. After all, they didn't get on the right foot when they first met. And they parted on bad terms as well. But even still, he held his ground. Captain America didn't run away. At least, not form things like this. No matter the glare or evil eye he received, he remained to stay where he was, awaiting for an answer.

Vaguely, he saw her hand move, holding onto her sleeve. He wasn't sure why, but decided not to think of it. "Sorry little lady. But I'm not going anywhere." he said after a moment, his voice and eyes showing his determination. "I know we don't get along. In fact, I'm pretty sure you hate the sight of me. And I can honestly say I'm not fond of you either." the man was always honest after all. "But that doesn't stop me from being concern when I see a young woman crying. Perhaps it's old fashioned in these times, but where I grew up, such an action could not be over looked."

And he was old fashioned. He may not have exactly fond a the right woman to attract his attention, he was still a gentleman. "Now what could cause someone like you to shed such tears?" he asked, his posture continuing to show he didn't plan on leaving.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:53 am

"Sorry little lady. But I'm not going anywhere."

Her eyes narrowed more as she kept the cold glare as he continued to talk. And he was right about her not being fond by him. Hell. She hated this man. Hated that he worked for S.H.E.I.L.D, hated that he arrested her.

"But that doesn't stop me from being concern when I see a young woman crying. Now what could cause someone like you to shed such tears?"

"Fuck off..." She said softly, her voice almost breaking as she just glared at him. "Don't act like you even care." She said cruelly.

How dare this man act as if he was concerned for her. There was no concern. He was probably laughing on the inside, and calling her a killing monster in his head.

There was no way she would believe him. If there was a way, it would have to be very convincing.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:26 am

"Fuck off..."

Steve frowned as she spoke those words. Such language. And from such a young woman too. Honestly he didn't know what was wrong with the youth of this day. Back in the forties he only ever heard drunkards and soldiers cuss and swear. Then again, the life she had, I suppose it give her right so speak like that. he thought.

"Captain America doesn't act." he said sternly, offending that she would assume him to fake his concern. "Now you may not want to talk, and I can understand that, but you're not going to make me leave." he told her, trying his best to not make his voice so stern. She needed comfort not lectures.

He grew silent after that, observing her face. It was wiled with hatred and bitterness. But there was still the wetness in her eyes and the beginnings of red around it all. All from her crying. But he couldn't think of any reason for her to. Except for- well except for mourning.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Laura glared at him when he refused to leave once again. She looked away from him, getting angry and annoyed this man was trying to help her. She wished he would just leave her alone, and let her be. This was none of his business! And she refused to let this man know why she was crying!

She suddenly pushed him out of her way as she got up and started to leave.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Steve frowned more as he was pushed away, blue eyes watching the woman stand to leave. He quickly stood and followed after her. He didn't want to pry, but clearly something was wrong with her! Why wouldn't she just allow a little help? She's almost as stubborn as Tony. he thought, his mind bringing up the image of the billionaire who was sick and asleep in his bed.

"Keeping it bottled isn't going to help Miss." he said to her, reaching out to grab hold of her arm. Why was it that when he tried to help, people pushed him away? It didn't kill anyone to open up just a bit. To accept even the tiniest bit of help.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Laura growled when she could hear that he was following her. Which made her walk away faster.

And she was about to run, but he had suddenly grabbed her arm, making her hiss in pain. She whipped around as she tried to get out of his grip.

He was gripping the part of the arm where the most cuts were.

"Let go!" She yelled.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

The soldier was started when the woman Laura hissed out in pain before turning to him and trying to get out of his grip. Much like an animal caught in a painful trap.

"Let go!"

Confused but not wishing to cause her pain, he released her arm before grabbing hold of her hand. "What's wrong?" he asked, his other hand reaching out to pull up her sleeve. What he saw caused his eyes to widen and his jaw to slacken. Cuts. All over her arm there were cuts. "Who did this to you?" he asked, a frown on his face and concern in his eyes. She may have been a murderer, but she was also now an ally. And one didn't just go and do this sort of thing to a woman. It just wasn't right.

"And why haven't you gone to the infirmary to heal?" he added, confused. He recalled the man called Alfred said that the infirmary was a place the collars didn't work in. And there she could self-heal. it was one of X-23's powers.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Laura was about to run off when he let go of her. Before she was suddenly grabbed again, "I said let g-!" She froze when she lifted up her sleeve, revealing the cuts on her arm. She stared at the cuts..the cuts she did to herself..The cuts that she deserved..

"Who did this to you? And why haven't you gone to the infirmary to heal?"

Laura didn't look up at him and just stared at the cuts. She tried to get her hand out of his grip, but couldn't. Her eyes softened as she continued to remember why she had cut herself..

Dick was gone. The one person who made every part of her seem like it mattered..But..he had gotten killed..And she couldn't stop thinking it was her fault..Since everyone who got close to her would end up dead..or they would disappear..she was like a curse..

The tears started to form as she just tried to get away again. She was starting to get into a vulnerable state.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:49 pm

For a while, nothing happened. She just... stared at her damaged arm. As if memorized by them or lost in thought. It was a bit worrisome. The veteran wasn't sure what to do as she remained quiet. Then a strange look took to her eyes. Sorrow, that was what her eyes portrayed. Tears began to well, but refused to fall.

And then she tried to wriggle free once more. But the Captain refused to release her hand. Something was very wrong here. Clearly Laura was in some kind of emotional state. Did- Did she do this to herself? The idea seemed preposterous. Why would she inflict self harm onto her? In his day, you didn't hear about that sort of thing happening. But this isn't your day. his mind mentioned as a bad feeling settled into the soldier's gut.

"Did- did you do this Miss Laura?" he asked hesitantly. But- it just didn't make any sense. If she did, why? Didn't it hurt?
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Laura froze when he suddenly asked if she had did this to herself. Which also had made her eyes widened a little bit, before slowly letting them soften. Her eyes just staring down now, before the water filled eyes narrowed as she looked at him.

"What do you care?" She asked as she continued to try to get away. She suddenly shook her head. "No..wait, you don't care!" Laura yelled, "Don't dare say your concerned about me! When you think I'm just a murderous machine!" She yelled as she was clearly trying to act strong, her eyes trying to stay cruel..But her whole body was shaking..and she wanted to burst into tears..

But not in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:08 pm

For a moment, Steve thought she'd might actually say something. To tell him what was going on. But after looking back up with narrowed eyes, that thought went out the window. The man stood still as she tried to get away and yelled at him. He didn't plan on budging.

Looking at her, snarling at him with wetness in her eyes, the man saw not a machine but a wounded animal. An animal unused to human contact that was hurt and snapped ay anyone trying to help. But he wouldn't be intimidated by her.

"if I saw you as a machine I would have kept you in S.H.I.E.L.D. custody." he said with narrowed eyes. He didn't allow her to escape the government group for no reason. He didn't want them to use her as a weapon. he wanted her to answer to her crimes yes, but she was by no means a weapon.

"But I don't. Because you're not. You've committed murders, crimes you should answer to, but you're not a machine." he told her, his voice calm and clear. "Now you can tell me what is going on or you can't. But either case I am concerned. And you don't have to believe me. However I will take you to the infirmary so that your arm can get better."
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:14 pm

"You've committed murders, crimes you should answer to, but you're not a machine."

Laura's eyes widened at those words he just spoke. And she was about to speak, but he had spoke again. She continued to try to get out of his grip, before finding herself just breaking.

"I didn't mean..to kill those innocent people! I never wanted to kill them!" She shouted as the tears finally fell down from her eyes.

"I'm reminded almost everyday by myself of what I have done! I make myself pay! I let myself feel the pain of cutting, cause when people are around me, or they get to close, they die! And I can't save any of them!" She yelled as her voice cracked, finding herself crying now.

"And after they die..I'm all alone, again! And It's my fault! It's my fault all of those people are dead..And that he...he is dead!" She screamed as she just suddenly fell to her knees, crying.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:08 pm

"I never wanted to kill them!"

Blue eyes widened as she yelled out these words. Silently, the Captain watched as this snarling woman broke down in front of him. The words she cried out where a shock to him, but it also made him sympathize with her. She had been suffering form her actions it seemed. Was repentant. But cutting herself is not the kind of penance to give. he thought as she cried in front of him.

"It's my fault all of those people are dead..And that he...he is dead!"

That caught his attention straight away as the woman fell to her knees. "Who is dead?" he asked, believing he was coming across something now.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:18 pm

"Who is dead?"

Laura froze as she realized she had just talked about Dick, making her close her eyes as she just shook her head.

"None of your business.." She whimpered out as she let her head fall forward and covered her eyes. Though when he had grabbed her arm, he was able to irritate the cuts. Making them bleed as she just covered her eyes and cried, ignoring the blood. As if it was okay for her to just bleed out.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:43 pm

But just as he had managed to get a little bit further, a new wall was placed up. Though the words themselves were harsh, the voice used to speak it was nothing more than a whimper. Steve looked upon her as she wept, crying form a sorrow that he did not know the cause of.

When blue eyes looked upon blood dripping down her arm, the soldier went into action. Without a word he leaned down and scooped the distress woman in his arms. Lifting her up bridal style, he began to walk out of the living room. "I'm taking you to the infirmary." he said firmly, knowing she needed to heal herself.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Laura winced horribly as she immediately tried to get away from him.

"Let go!!" She yelled at him as she tried to push herself away. "Get the fuck off!!" She shrieked, before using her strength to push away from him. Before shrieking as she was suddenly shocked by the collar.

She fell to the ground, before she started to run off, not wanting to heal.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Steve winced a little as she tried to wriggle and push out of his grasp, a frown set on his face. Why was she so stubborn? She was bleeding and cut up, she needed to heal. "omph." left his mouth as she pushed hard against him and fell out of his arms. the electricity of the shock collar was spotted, indicating , along with her shriek, that it activated from the power use.

Then she took off running. With a frown, Steve ran off after her. Perhaps he should have left well enough alone, but he felt that she needed some help. And Captain America helped those that needed it. He was a hero of the people.

And she needed a hero, rather she wanted one or not.

Running after her, he reached out and grabbed her arm, bring careful of the cuts this time. After getting a grip on her, he used his other arm to help sling her up and over his shoulder. It wasn't an easy task, not by any means, but he managed to do it.

"Forgive me for my lack of manners Miss, but you need some help."
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Laura kept on running, trying to get away from him. She went to take a turn, but was suddenly grabbed once again. And she tried to get away, but then was suddenly flung over his shoulder. She growled as she tried to get out of his grip, before wincing when her arm was aching..

Her eyes closed as she kept trying to get away.

---
At the Infirmary *cause I'm lazy*

Laura suddenly felt the collar turn off and she instantly felt the cuts heal, her eyes widened, before they just softened. She kicked him in the stomach and got out of his grip as she stumbled back. Her eyes looking at him as if asking why he would even want to help her..

What was the purpose?
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:26 am

Steve ignored her struggles, keeping his hold firm as well as he could. It would be so much easier if not for the collar. Then again it there weren't collars, he wouldn't be having to drag her to the infirmary. I take it back Tony. She's worse than you. he thought with a sigh.

----
(lol ok lazitime XD)

After making it to the Infirmary, the collars deactivated and Steve felt his strength grow as carrying the mutant clone became all the much easier. Even when she kicked his stomach it didn't hurt nearly as much as it would have. Still hurt a bit. The woman got out of his grasp and the soldier rubbed his slightly sore stomach. Did she really need to kick?

Looking at her, he saw her wounds that was visible form the pushed up sleeve were healing. This caused him to sigh with relief. Blue eyes looked into a set of confused and angry green. Steve sighed again, this time out of a little weariness.

"I can't pretend I understand why you did this to yourself." he told her, standing straight. "A penance of some sort. But I do know it's not the right way to go about making up for the things you've done. You feel regret, I get that. But it does the lost souls nothing if you cut your arms up." he told her, his face serious with a sense of wisdom that came from a life time of fighting. He was a soldier through and through. "If you want to punish yourself, their memories alone should suffice. They'll haunt you. But don't mark yourself. You don't have the right to do it. And even if there's no one else to step up to hold that right, you're just going to have to keep on living with it and not harm yourself."

Steve paused in his lecture, frowning at himself. This wasn't the right way to go about this. She was clearly upset and emotional. "I- I don't know what brought this all about. Or who it was that passed. But- I am sorry for your loss." he said honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.   It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now. Empty

Back to top Go down

It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background. Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now.
Page 1 of 1