Dawn of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman is a Grandfather.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-23

X-23

Batman is a Grandfather. Empty
PostSubject: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Laura was sitting in the living room. She had to get away from her room, away from the test that read positive on it. Her cheeks were stained by the tears she still was shedding.

She was pregnant with Dick's child..

Her hands slowly entwined with each other and went over her mouth. She was shaking now as the tears had came back, and were falling down her cheeks once again.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:40 pm

The past two weeks had so far been hell for the Dark Knight. Between his worry for Tim, and the investigation behind how he got the bird-a-rang in his room, he had also been plagued by memories-by ghosts of Dick. Nothing much had changed since the day he came back form the arena. Every where he went, there was a bit of Dick there. Memories of the boys childhood of growing in that house. His laughter echoing like a haunting spirit's at every corner turn. It was nearly driving him mad.

It was Tim that helped keep him grounded in the present. Though Bruce wished that his young ward had done so in an action that wasn't causing bodily harm to himself. Even now, the memory of seeing Tim lying on the infirmary bed left a stab of pain within him.

He was healing now, which was good. The brooding hero suspected that the kryptonian hybrid clone was a big help in that field. AS strange as i was to know they were together as a couple instead of friends, the detective could tell the other was good for Tim. Help him out of the dark crevices of his mind. In a similar way as to what Selina did for Bruce.

Before he knew it, the tall man lost in his thoughts wound up in the living room. Looking about, tired gray-blue eyes took in the room. It didn't take long for him to spot a woman on the couch, hunched over and shaking. He recognized this young woman.

She had a very strong reaction to Dick's death.

Which means she knew him. he thought vaguely as silent feet made their way towards her. He was curious as to how she knew his son. When he stood near the couch, he stopped. ".... Hello." he said quietly, his deep voice a contrast to the silence that had been in there.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Laura hadn't heard someone had entered the room, and didn't know someone was walking to her.

".... Hello."

Laura had jumped when she suddenly heard a male voice. She turned her head, only to freeze as she saw the familiar man from the arena..The one who she had guessed was Dick's adopted father. Her green eyes stared at the man. The tears still in her eyes..And she slowly remembered what she had just learned..

She was pregnant..with Dick's child. With the child of this man's son.

She then realized she was just staring at the man in shock, making her look away.

"Hi..." She said softly, but broken.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:23 pm

He hadn't meant to startle her, though in was too often an occurrence from his years as Batman. Even without the costume and cowl, he could make people jump form his sudden appearance and disappearance. Perhaps he should try not to make such soft footsteps when walking in the manor?

For a while, nothing was said. The woman merely looked at him with tear stained green eyes. She had been crying. It was very obvious to anyone who could see. Was she still mourning over Dick? Like Bruce had been doing when not worrying over Tim?

Finally, she turned away and quietly greeted him. Bruce remained quiet for several more moments before he decided to speak. "You knew Dick." It wasn't a question. Her reaction at the arena made it obvious enough that she knew his eldest charge. "You knew my son...... What were you to him?" he asked, wanting to put together the puzzle in his mind.

The woman was obviously not from his universe, and so Dick had developed whatever connection with her during his brief time at the Manor. Before Bruce had even arrived.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:09 pm

"You knew Dick. You knew my son...... What were you to him?"

Laura closed her eyes as he spoke and asked a question. And it was getting harder to stop the tears, the tears she kept shedding for Dick..She stayed silent as she was collecting the words to say in her head. Her head then slowly turned to look at the man once again. Her mouth opening to speak, but was interrupted when the tears fell down. She bit her lip and looked down as she tried to calm herself down.

"I..." She breathed, "I was his...girlfriend.." She spoke softly, "His...last girlfriend.." She whispered as her hands turned into fists.

How would she be able to tell this man, Dick's father that she was pregnant with Dick's child.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Silence filled the room once more as he watched the tears drip down her face. Perhaps he shouldn't have asked. She was in despair and such a question no doubt opened wounds still raw and fresh. But as she looked at him and struggled to speak, even with the tears interrupting her, he couldn't help but remain silent and await for her to speak.

"I was his...girlfriend.."

Blue eyes widened at those words as he looked upon the woman before him. She- she had been Dick's girlfriend. He had found and developed feelings for someone in the short time that he was in this universe. Someone he left behind. With saddened eyes, he reached out and placed his hand upon her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." he said quietly. He didn't elaborate what he meant by those words, but he was sorry. Sorry she had to suffer, sorry that Dick did not live, sorry that he had been unable to convince Dick to live. Had he never taught the boy that moral code, or had never allowed him to be Robin in the first place- he would have been still alive.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Laura almost winced when she suddenly felt his hand on her shoulder. But calmed down due to she knew she was safe..

Then slowly the pregnancy popped backed into her head. Her eyes widened a little as she could just feel her heart stop..How would she tell this man that she was pregnant. With Dick's son. And now she was going through all the words in her head..Before..

"I'm pregnant.." She suddenly whispered out, "With..his child.." She said, before realizing she suddenly just spoke out, making her whole body freeze, tense, and tighten at what she thought out. Her eyes closed as she waited for the man's response.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

"I'm pregnant.. With..his child.."

Bruce's eyes widened as shock filled him. Pregnant.... She was pregnant.... With Dick's child. Blue-gray eyes moved towards her stomach, that did not yet show the signs of the child growing inside. But it was there. A child. And it was Dick's. Dick was going to be a father. he thought, his throat tightening. A part of Dick was still here. Alive.

And it was then that he took notice of the woman once more. This woman who Dick had loved. Who was going to bare his child. Removing his hand, Bruce walked about until he was in front of her. He kneeled down and looked the woman in the eye. He didn't even know her name. But she had been important to Dick. Carried a part of him inside of her. This made her family.

"You have my full support and care for both you and the child." he said, his eyes and voice showing his seriousness. "I will help you in anyway I can."
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Laura opened her eyes when she felt the man's presence in-front of her. She looked at him as he kneeled down and look straight at her.

"You have my full support and care for both you and the child. I will help you in anyway I can."

Laura's eyes widened when this man told her that. She was confused to why he would help her, especially since he didn't know her. Though she could see the seriousness in this man's eyes, and could tell he wasn't lying..He truly wanted to help her. The tears filled her eyes as she nodded a thank you.

Then she realized she didn't tell him her name.

"I'm.. Laura by the way, Laura Kinney.."
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Bruce watched as she took in his words, watched as tears of gratitude fell from her eyes. She had obviously had not expected that. And perhaps in this day and age, it wasn't common for someone to step in and help in such responsibilities. But Bruce would not just cast aside family. That was too important to the man, even if he had a hard time showing it.

When she gave her name, he offered her a small smile. "It's nice to meet you Miss Kinney, despite the circumstances of our meeting. I'm Bruce Wayne." he said, introducing himself as he reached out his hand for hers. "Welcome to the family."
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Laura nodded at him once again when he introduced himself to her. She took his hand, shaking it lightly.

"It's nice to meet Bruce..and..thank you.." She said as she smiled softly at him, finding herself happy he was willing to help her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman is a Grandfather.   Batman is a Grandfather. Empty

Back to top Go down

Batman is a Grandfather.
Page 1 of 1