Dawn of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain America

Captain America

The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man Empty
PostSubject: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Pain. That was what Steve felt. blue eyes fluttered behind closed lids as the patriot hero began to come closer to consciousness. Why did he feel pain? Finally, the man opened his eyes, at first his vision blurry. Then everything began to clear. The former solider became suddenly alert as he took in what he could see form laying on the ground. A cave? why am I in a cave? he thought as he quickly moved to his feet.

It wasn't any ordinary cave either. There was a large computer and various other things inside. As if it was some sort of liar. Did Tony have some sort of basement addition to the Avengers head quarters? No- that can't be it. Think Steve. What do you remember last? keeping his guard up, he began to think. His last memory was taking down some Hydra goons. Then- Then there was some intense shock that ran through his body.

Looking about some more, the blond man let out a small gasp as he spotted his teammate Tony Stark, lying on the ground. He wasn't in his suit, which that alone put the old solider on high alert. Making his way quickly to the other, he placed his hand upon the man's shoulder. "Wake up Stark.: he said quietly, shaking the shoulder as he kept his eyes moving about in case of some attack.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Tony felt the odd sensation, it was like a hangover yet he didn't remember drinking. He felt something shaking his shoulder ad pain erupted from the area. He groaned, tryin to place the voice he could hear?

It was Steve's. Why was Steve shaking him? He felt a rushing, pounding sensation in his head.

"Capt, stop." The Man of Iron weakly groaned out blinking himself aware to the world around him. It was a dark, dank cave. A place the severely contrasted the bright rooms he was use to. He tried to remember what was goin on, he felt himself draw a blank.

What had happened?
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Steve nearly rolled his eyes at the groaning man, acting like a child being awoken for school. When Tony did open his eyes, he released the shoulder and awaited for the other to become aware of the situation they were apparently in. "Look alive solider." he said, his voice serious as he put himself in a fighting stance, in case anyone or thing should come out of the shadows to strike. "I think we've been taken as prisoners." he continued, "From what I recall, most likely Hydra."

It was then that he realized, he didn't have his shield! Damn. he thought with a frown. He would have to rely on fighting hand to hand then. I can't believe I didn't notice until now. he thought before looking back at Tony. His eyes softened a little, knowing the other wouldn't be able to do much without his suit. He wasn't much of a hand to hand fighter. Steve would have to do his best to make sure the other remain safe.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Tony pulled himsel up, trying his best to 'look alive.' He aches and hurt md the thought of Hydra capturing them put him on edge. He tried to summon his suit but the nanobots in his body would not respond. He felt a tightness around his neck. He pulled on it, confused by the situation.

"This can't be Hydra." the man muttered out with good reasoning.

-

Alfred ran into the room, as dignifying as possible. He looked over at the two confused heroes.

"Gentlemen, this is not a Hydra operated system. The beings here are much more sinister."
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Upon hearing Tony claim that it wasn't hydra, Steve gave the other a confused look. What made him so sure? Then blue eyes caught sight of the man grabbing at his throat, a strange metal collar wrapped around it. Startled, he began to make his way back to the other when he heard footsteps. The Captain turned around and put himself in a stance when a man came out from a set of stairs.

A... butler? Steve thought confused as he brought himself into a normal standing position. However, at the old man's words the blonde was put on guard once again. "And just who are these beings?" he asked, wanting information. "And who might you be?' he added with narrowed eyes. "Are you an enemy or an ally?" Answers were needed. If he and Tony were going to be stuck in some strange place, they needed to get information fast to aid them.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Tony wanted to smack Steve with his hand grenade as the voice drawled on. Sure, his voice usually sounded almost pleasant but the amount of America that oozed from his throat was sickening and it made his head hurt.

"Ugh, I agree with Stripes. Where are we, etc., etc." Tony hand moved slowly with his mental thought.

-

"Master Stark, you have to forgive the pain in your head, it'll die down. Usually members of this world have shock collars, but with your... Heart condition we were unable to have electricity course through your body. It would have stopped your heart. So, the Protectors, I'll explain them later, have place a collar that is similar to an EMP. But it will not effect your heart magnet, Master Stark. Do not fret."

Alfred looked at them both before explaining the world they were brought to.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Steve frowned upon being called Stripes by his teammate. Honestly couldn't he take these sort of situations more seriously? I swear sometimes he just aggravates these kinds of situations and makes them worse! He can act like such a spoiled child. Of course, Tony was a bit of a spoiled little rich boy. Always relied on the tech he made instead of good old fashioned fists. I don't know how many times I've mentioned he needs to train and prepare himself for anything that could happen. And yet he ignores me! Doesn't he know I want him safe? Steve thought in frustration. Of course, he meant that in a friend/comrade sort of way.

As the old man began to speak, the veteran focused his attention on the man, mentally scolding himself for lacking focus on a potential battlefield. Hearing the word shock collar, he instantly grabbed for his own neck. And sure enough he felt some sort of metal contraption that was no doubt like Tony's. Only his would give out shock's and the billionaire genius' would not. Which was a relief for the last thing he needed or wanted was for his fellow avenger to have a heart failure. That device that took place in Tony's heart gave him enough worried for the other's health as it was.

But now was not the time to think of such things. Now when this Alfred person was explaining the works of this repentantly different universe. I bet Stark is having a field day with this. he thought briefly. Though the thought of another universe did spark a bit of interest in him as well. With memories of days of old when he used to create comics. But that was a life time ago. The former soldier stiffened as the tale went from bad to worse. They were stuck here to perform in arena battles? Like some sick games for invaders? The very idea made him boil with anger.

"And we're to believe you're on our side?" The Captain asked, raising a brow as his voice was filled with disbelief. "No offense, but it's a bit hard to trust you." he said, though even so he stood up straight like a good soldier getting ready to march. "What proof do you have that you're on our side?" Because no matter what the era or the universe, in a war you had to be careful and put your trust in those you were absolutely certain you could.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Tony was feeling a bit sick, but he swallowed the bile that rose in his throat as the butler talked. They were in an alternate universe! If it hadn't be a kill to survive place he would have been all over this world trying to study it. His head throbbed at the thought, causing him to mumble out a string or profanity. This was a bit ridiculous, what the hell was wrong with his head right now?

"And we're to believe you're on out side? No offense but it's a bit hard to trust you. What proof do you have that you're on our side?""

God, Stripes could talk a lot. And annoyingly perky while doing it. Tony almost smirked, an image of the man wearing a USA Cheerleading uniform came to mind. Steve was bouncing and cheering on his country like a good little peppy thing. Though, the image didn't last long when his head throbbed again. He moved his hand to the bridge of his nose as he tried to rub the headache away.

--

"You can believe me to be on your side, but I'm only here to make sure you live to see the next day. I'm here to Protect you. And if you must know of proof, -scoff- I've never been truly insulted by a statement like that. But my loyalities have always belonged to the Wayne family. A few members are actually here. Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson-Wayne, and Tim Drake-Wayne. Do feel free to ask any of the above if I'm loyal or reliable. You'll find one-hundred percent perfect from all." Alfred added in for extra measure.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:02 am

"You can believe me to be on your side, but I'm only here to make sure you live to see the next day.

Really, making sure they lived to see tomorrow was the same as being on their side in Steve's book. Just like what soldiers did with each other in the trenches. Help each other to survive. As Alfred continued on, obviously insulted by his accusations, and gave the names of those he could ask, the veteran nodded his head. Wayne. Got it. he thought before chancing a glance at Tony. He really looked worse for wear.

"In my defense Mr. Pennyworth," he began to say, "a soldier stuck behind enemy lines has a hard time knowing who to trust." Really, the man shouldn't take it so personally. Then again, he would be insulted if his loyalty was taken in to question. Turning about to look at Tony again, he frowned as he saw the other rub the bridge of his nose. "Is there anything he can take to help that?' he asked, turning back to the butler.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:10 am

Alfred raised an eyebrow, "Oh? I was a soldier as well. I was a Medical Team member in Britain. That was many, many years ago. But I do understand your logic." Alfred gave Tony a glance, he looked quite unwell.

"Is there anything he can take to help that?"

Alfred gave the man a look, "Unfortunately, Master Stark is suffering from something I cannot help. Only time can, if I read the records correctly they did not even have to knock him out. He was passed out in a drunken stupor."

---

Tony listened, great. Another soldier. Just dandy, maybe they could share war stories as well as scars? His thoughts sounded a bit more sarcastic than he thought but at this point he was ready to snap at anything that moved.

"...out in a drunken stupor."

Tony's nose twitched in agitation as he stumbled to a standing position, almost falling though he caught himself. He looked up, his usually sun glasses weren't on his eyes and that threw him off for a moment. Though it didn't take him long, again, to recover.

"Coffee, just gimme coffee." Tony said with a drawl, he'd leave the question asking for Captain Stripes and Stars. He just needed coffee with a shot of whiskey and maybe a cigarette later. Mmm, the wonders of self-destruction!
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:39 am

Steve was a little surprised to hear the other was a veteran. Part of British troops. They were part of the Allied Forces. It made the super soldier feel that he could trust the man a little more. "Captain America, super soldier of Project: Rebirth in the American Army." he said as an introduction, though no doubt this man knew who they were, since he knew of Tony's identity. "Also a very long time ago. Though to me, it feels like almost yesterday."

Upon hearing the reasoning behind the billionaire's capture, Steve nearly let out a deep sigh as he rolled his eyes. Why was he not surprised? Looking at the other disapprovingly, he watched as the Iron Man stood up only to stumble a bit. Luckily he caught himself before he fell flat on his face.

Watching all this, it was very clear he was indeed very hungover. What am I going to do with you? Steve thought to himself as he approached his fellow Avenger.

"Coffee, just gimme coffee."

Steve rolled his eyes again before grabbing the tech genius' arm and pulling it over his shoulders, his other arm wrapping around Tony's waist.. Ugh, he even reeks of booze. he thought with a grimace. "Easy does it Rich Boy." he said as he began to guide the other toward Alfred. "We'll find ya a cup of joe." Already a lecture was building up inside him, but he'd wait until after the other had some coffee in his system and sobered up more. Maybe then he'd remember the words Steve had to say.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:50 am

"I know the drill, Master Stark and Master Rogers. I've raised three 'rich' boys. I'll get you settled into your room before the coofee, now. Would you like me to show you to your rooms?"

--

Tony rubbed his face just moments before the experimental man had his arms around his waist while moving the Iron man's arm to the Captain of all Red, White, and Blue's shoulders. He groaned, clearing jostled by the movement.

"Easy does it Rich Boy."

'Easy like your ass.' He thought bitterly, refusing to open his mouth. He wasn't about read to relieve his stomach of the food he possibly ingested earlier.

"We'll find ya a cup of joe."

Tony gave a small noise to alert he understood. He hated this, but he didn't even remember picking up a bottle. It had been two days, from what he could remember, since he drank and that was to only pas a sobriety test or two. He didn't remember and thinking hurt his head. He just leaned on the more stable Steve, nor trusting his too human legs.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

Captain America

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:05 am

Steve nodded at the question given, "Yes I think that would be best Mr. Pennyworth." he said, ignoring Tony's little noise of acknowledgement. Three little Rich boys huh? he thought as he continued to haul Tony, the other clearly putting all his weight, or at least it felt like it, on the super soldier. If they were anything like Tony I don't envy the man. he thought. "Lead the way."

All the while trying to ignore the smell coming off the other. Really, there were few things worse than the stench of a hungover man. I wish Tony didn't keep doing this to himself. he thought with a frown. He's a role model. Kids look up to him. Besides, he smells much better when sober and a clean sower taken. Not that he had been smelling the other or anything.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:51 am

Alfred nodded, turning around before leading them to Tony's and Steve's rooms.

-

Tony walked with Steve, hurting too my h to even care. He was still confused, but that was a thought meant for a more sober moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man   The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man Empty

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of Captain America and Iron Man
Page 1 of 1