Dawn of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Not the Best Place To Talk...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Batman

Batman

It's Not the Best Place To Talk... Empty
PostSubject: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:06 pm

After talking to Tim, though the conversation ended horribly, Bruce had gone to his own room to change out of the bat suit. Though he had mixed feelings about it all. He didn't really go around in his costume while at the manor, but at the same time this wasn't his manor so it was stranger to be just Bruce Wayne.

After changing, the man had left his room and began to once again move silently through his not exactly house. He needed to find Dick and talk to him as well. Though he knew that the conversation would not have any good results. It's going to be worse than with Tim. he thought as he frowned deeply. Once again, he would come face to face with his failures as a mentor and a parent.

During his search, the raven-haired man came across the kitchen. Remembering the cookies Alfred said he baked, Bruce entered the kitchen in search of them. That would at least help with his nerves. And if he found Dick while carrying soem around... well Dick was always partial to Alfred's cookies.
Back to top Go down
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Dick sat the counter reading his letter again. He grabbed the cookie from the jar before going to town on it. He could almost read the letter without so muh as a glance word for word. He was still unsure of himself, he knew he could kill but he shouldn't. This wouldn't be like Blockbuster. He would kill the person himself. He ran his free hand through his hair before light footsteps catch his attention.

Only Bruce made steps like those!

"B?" He asked turning his head to the side gawking as his father figure.
Back to top Go down
https://dawnoflegends.forumotion.com
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Bruce found himself freezing upon seeing his eldest ward sitting int eh kitchen, eating a cookie and reading a piece of paper. The other turned to look at him and like Tim, seemed shocked he was there. But he wasn't the only one. The Dark Knight found himself starring at the bandaged eye upon Dick's face. Just what had happened? Have the matches already started? Did he get into a fight? he wondered as he quickly, but silently, made his way to the other.

A single brow was raised as he frowned deeply, before opening his mouth to speak. "What happened?" he asked, no demanded. Though injuries was not uncommon in crime fighting, he hated seeing his wards hurt. Always gave a little extra punch to whoever did it to them.

And whoever did that to Dick... well, it would be wise to avoid the dark.
Back to top Go down
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Dick quickly moved the letter into his pocket, not wanting the Bat I know of his impending demise.

"Oh, this?" He pointed to his left eye, "It's a funny story actually. You'd think I'd have some... Wally hit me in the face with a bottle, on accident! I swear!" Dick quickly added not wanting his way friend to be killed (or beaten) by the anger challenged Bruce.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Calculating eyes watched as the paper was put away into the other's pocket as he awaited for his ward to answer. As the story began, Bruce felt his eye to twitch lightly as he was told exactly what happened. "... How does he throw a bottle at you on accident?' he asked with a brow lifted. Then something occurred to him.

"What kind of bottle?" The detective had a high suspicion it involved alcohol. Though that was never around the manor before. Bruce himself only had some liquor at business and charity functions. If it's alcohol, I'm going to need to talk to Alfred about why it's there. he thought sternly. And have a chat with Wally while I'm at it. he added. Accident or not, the other needed to have a little scare for hurting his son.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:51 pm

(( phone ))

Dick paled a bit, he hadn't exactly old Bruce about his drinking habit with the speedster around. Ge wasn't ready to have it either.

"Glass bottle of... Apple juice. He tosse it to me bd I wasn't paying attention, I was distracted by something and it hit me before I could react. Collars suck, B." Wally better thank him for saving his hide!
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Bruce stared at Dick, his face blank saved for the single brow. "Apple juice?" he asked, his face giving a disbelieving look. Last he checked apple juice didn't come in glass bottles. He's never been very good at lying. Bruce thought briefly. Or I've just been better at reading him. Non the less, Dick was an adult, despite his childish attitude sometimes, and if he didn't want to tell Bruce something well, there was nothing he could really do about it. Though he wished the other would be more honest with him.

"..." Bruce stood there a bit further before sighing. He had almost forgotten the reason he had been looking for the other. "We need to talk." he said at last, his voice set into Batman mood.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:00 pm

"Yeah, glass! In Bludhaven it's like that. It's easier to spot if it has been tampered with lt that way." Dick said, using his arms to exaggerate what he was saying. But when he noticed Bruce wasn't taking it he sighed out.

"... Okay you win. But don't hurt Wally it wasn't his fault. I just didn't catch the beer bottle as it was thrown at my face. I wasn't kidding when I said I was distracted." Dick ran his hand through his hair, tryin to read the vigilante.

"We need to talk."

"I think need is an understatement."
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:17 pm

"... Okay you win."

Bruce nearly smirked at those words, the corner of his lips twitching. But that soon faded as the topic changed to what was about to be said. "..." But where was he to begin? Should he say what he said to Tim? Or should it be brought up differently? No matter how it was said though, the answer was the same and his failure was ever present.

With a sigh he went over to the cookie jar and took out one of Alfred's delectable cookies. He needed time to think. Pulling up a seat next to Dick, Bruce took a bite of the cookie and gathered his thoughts. Three bite in, he stopped and looked at the other. "I... I've failed you Dick." he found himself saying before looking down at the cookie in his hand.

"Since you first became Robin, I had always enforced one rule." He paused, a sharp breath being taken in before ran his free hand through his hair. "But here- in this god forsaken place- I-" God how could he do this again? He already failed Tim, not he'd have to deal with the anger and disappointment of Dick too? "I believe we will have to brake that rule. In order to survive."
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Dick knew for a fact what this conversation would be about. The letter in his pokey almost felt like flames, it hurt him south and all he wante to do was get rid of it.

"Bruce... Dad, I... I know how hard this is. They're breaking our moral codes. That's the point. Or so I've... Come to realize." Dick shut his eyes, he was really debating on giving the Caped Crusader the letter in his pocket.

"You haven't failed us... Sometimes we have to. Like in war, Kory explained that to me."

This was the moment he couldn't stop thinking about te letter, he needed to warn Bruce. He didn't want them to morn him. He would w a martyr for their cause. The people here would think twice about putting them in if he, himself, died after refusing to kill.

"... Dad, you have to be prepared to lose a son. You know... Tim and I are too stubborn for it." Dick opened his eyes to look down into Bruce's own. He would dance around the topic or now, he needed to be supportive at this moment.

Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Bruce let out a shaky breath, his heart clenching as Dick called him Dad. Something he didn't do often, but when he did it usually left a warmth within him. However, it only reminded him of how much he was failing his boys. Looking at the other, he watched as Dick too, struggled with words.

"You haven't failed us... "

Those words made his heart tighten all the more as the usually intimidating man gave his son a broken look as his breath took in sharply. How- How could Dick say that? When all he's done since coming here, hell for several times before this, was fail them? Though the logic in his oldest ward's words did not escape him. Like in war... right. This might as well be a war. he thought before taking another bite of the cookie in his hand.

Silence fell between them and Bruce took the time to register Dick's words while finishing the cookie. It wasn't until he finished the last bite that Dick said the words he both knew already as well as dreaded the most. Locking blue eyes to a matching set, despair was all the billionaire could feel. "I-" Bruce paused before looking back down at his hands. "No one can prepare for that." he said, his body still save for the slight tremble in his hands. He laced them together to help keep them steady. "When- When I lost Jason that first time around... well you know what a wreck I became. I don't think- I don't think I could handle something like that happening again."
Back to top Go down
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:55 pm

"When- When I lost Jason that first time around... well you know what a wreck I became. I don't think- I don't think I could handle something like that happening again."

"I know, but Tim... Tim knew more than I could ever notice. He's knows you almost as well as I, maybe... maybe even more. I wasn't there, here, whatever for it... I'm sorry. I... I should have been able to come home..."

'I was too involved with Kory on Tamaran... I should have been there for Jason and Bruce. Instead I stayed away, so far away only a neighbor could see the violent tendencies Batman had suddenly taken. I fail as a son.' Dick wanted to just hug the older man, but he knew he wouldn't except it and just feel awkward about it. But he needed to let Bruce know, somehow that after Saturday... there was a large chance he wasn't going to be alive. That... that he would fail his family.

"But... God... I..." Dick was at a loss of words. How do you tell someone you're going into the Arena to pretty much let someone kill you. Laura... God, Laura had been his guinea pig for this and he broke down. He couldn't break down in front of Bruce. He'd go down with a smile on his face.

"...B, don't mourn for me when I die. Just... Just keep Tim in line and tell Jason he needs to get the stick out of his ass. And... and tell Babs I'll miss her. And... and..." Dick just couldn't think of words anymore, his hand had moved to cover his face as he squeezed his eyes shut. God, this was going so well. But, he chanted in his mind he couldn't break down. He couldn't break down. It would hurt Bruce more to see it, almost as much as it hurt Dick to say it.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:42 pm

The last thing Bruce wanted to hear was Dick apologizing. Not when it was the Dark Knight who should have been saying sorry. Sorry for failing them all, for not being strong enough to protect them or even handle the idea of them die9ng. Ten again, a parent who could handle that shouldn't call themselves a parent.

"...B, don't mourn for me when I die."

What was Dick saying? Blue eyes widened as he watched his eldest try to formulate words, to speak of all he wanted Bruce to do before just breaking down. Well, almost breaking down. AS the other covered their face with his hands, Bruce felt his heart clench painfully as before him he saw no longer Dick as he was, but the child he had taken in all those years ago. The one he comforted after his parents death and when things got horrid for the young Robin.

Just like with Tim, a hand reached out to wrap around Dick's shoulders and bring him against his chest. Closing his eyes, he took in a sharp breath, to try and keep himself calm as well as took in the scent of his son. Who knew how long he would be able to know it? Frowning deeply, Bruce reopened his eyes before opening his mouth.

"Alfred told me.... that I- this world's Bruce, broke his rule shortly after you- the other Dick- died." he admitted, wincing as he admitted yet another failure once again. "You- he- sacrificed himself to save that Bruce's life. And then the other's fell as well." God, he had failed to keep them all safe. "I- the other Bruce.... he was the last one standing in the fight." Closing his eyes once again, he took a deep breath. "I know- I know that it's not right of me to tell you this." he said. "To tell you to break that one rule, to do something you're against but- But I don't want to loose you. Any of you." he said, trying to get the message to his eldest ward. His least son. Don't leave me all alone too.

Once upon a time, Bruce could handle being alone. Needing only Alfred as he took on the role of Batman and fought for justice. When had he become so dependent and needy for others? To desperately keep his boys by his side? it was strange how he never really noticed until now.
Back to top Go down
Lynx

Lynx

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Dick swallowed the bile that threatened to escape his throat. How was he going to do this? Bruce couldnt handle losing a son, just as much as he couldn't lose his father. He just took in the scent of Bruce's cologne as he fought trying to cry.

"Slade teies to break me, Blockbuster tried to... And I'm not going to let them win, B. I'm not." Dick tried his best to keep an even voice.

"... I... I've been chosen... For the arena. I... I'm sorry Dad, I'm going to fail you."
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Father and son held each other in comfort as one tried to hold desperately to his child and the other tried to explain that he might just as easily slip through those large hands. The words Dick spoke brought a sense of dread to run through Bruce, knowing only worse news was to come. How could it not when the other was pretty much warning him of something?

"... I... I've been chosen... For the arena. I... I'm sorry Dad, I'm going to fail you."

Pain. That was all he could feel. Pain. And Sorrow.

Tears silently ran down the man's face as he held his son. This- this was going to be the last time he could ever do that. As much as it hurt the Dark knight, he knew that Dick was not coming out of that arena alive. He was going to loose his son. All lover again, he was going to loose his son.

God why? he thought as he clung to his boy. His body shook as the silent sobs escaped out of him, why did this have to happen? Why did he loose those that were important to him? First his parents, every woman he ever loved, when Dick first left, Jason, and now- now he was going to loose Dick forever.
Back to top Go down
Iron Man

Iron Man

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Dick held the man like he was a life line. He felt the silent tremors course through the man's body and that matched his own's pace. He couldn't think of anything else, he couldn't just sit there and let Bruce beat himself up over it either. This wasn't fair, but life wasn't fair.

"D-dad... just... just don't... don't do anything rash, 'kay?" Dick just clutched at the man more tightly then he thought was possible. He didn't want the man to become enraged and violent as he had with Jason.

"You.. have to watch out for Tim, he's... he's going to be devastated. I... I don't want him going back... to the dark place again." Dick said loud enough for Bruce to hear it, it hurt to say it but he needed to make sure his family would be taken care of. Everything needed to be taken care of so his death would not be in vain.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Why was life so unfair? So cruel? To go and take the precious things from his life no matter how hard he strived to hold onto them. Did it strive to try and break him down? It's close to succeeding. he thought as he clung to his boy. He couldn't speak, even as Dick told him not to act rashly. And tell him to take care of Tim. He knew. He knew that he needed to do those things. But he couldn't think of that right now.

His mind was only focused on the horrid truth that would arrive. His son was going to die. After a few moments he finally managed to formulate words. "I promise." he spoke, his voice cracked and harsh from his silent crying. And he meant it. He would protect the remaining boys he had left. Hold onto them like no tomorrow. But it wouldn't be easy. The despair of Dick's upcoming death would always haunt him, always leave a hole within him.

"When is the match?' he asked suddenly. As much as he didn't want to know, he needed to. needed to know just how long left he had with his eldest son. How soon did he need to prepare his heart as well as he could. He needed to know.
Back to top Go down
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:10 pm

"I promise."

Dick never felt so relieved to hear words, he just held on to the man, breathing in the man he had been calling Dad since he was thirteen. He didn't want to leave, no... this wasn't something he wished. But he needed to do this. To stand up for his morals. Nothing these... "Protectors" could throw at him would cause him to waiver. He'd stand against the threat and cling to his morals.

"When's the match?"

Dick moved a hand to his pocket, taking out the letter that foretold his demise. He lifted it up to let Bruce look at it, to help cement in the fact he was going to die.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:43 am

Bruce blinked as Dick brought the paper form earlier out of his pocket. Hesitantly, the raven-haired man took it form his son and looked it over. Blood chilled as the words entered his mind. This- this was letter about the match. This was what Dick had been reading when he came in. How long had he had this? he thought as read it over.

When he saw when the match was, his heart all but stopped. It was so soon. I don't have much time left with him. he thought as his hand shook and the paper crinkled a bit. Not much time at all. Closing his eyes for a moment, memories of the years they had together flashed though his mind. From the day he took the boy in all the way to the present. It was all a life time. A life time that was coming to an end.

God Dick. he thought as he opened his eyes to look at his son. A face that he wouldn't be able to see for much longer. "..." Letting go of the paper and letting it drop to the floor, he brought his other arm out and tightened the embrace.
Back to top Go down
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Dick absorbed himself into the embrace. He didn't know if this would be the last time he would ever get to feel it. He really hoped not, but he knew...

It would be.

Dick opened his eyes too look up to Bruce face before burying his face into his neck and moving the hug to a more familial place.

"I can't tell Tim... I... I don't know how to tell him." He whispered, trying to gain advice from the man that knew everything.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm

For a moment, their eyes locked, with Bruce trying to memorize teh face he had grown to know for many years. Then Dick moved his face into the crook of the Dark Knight's neck as their embrace became closer and more like one might see amongst families. He couldn't believe he was going to loose this child. And yes, for Bruce, Dick was still a child he held in his arms. No matter how much he had grown.

At the mention of Tim, memories of his earlier conversation flashed through his mind. More pain filled his chest as he thought about it all. This would nearly destroy the boy. But he needed to know. If they didn't tell him, the former Boy Wonder would never forgive them.

"He needs to know." Bruce said at last, his voice, through cracked and gravely, set firm with no room arguments. "I'll tell him." he added, knowing that it was hard enough for Dick to tell him. Besides, Tim was mad at him already, might as well continue to be the target for further anger and sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Dick took a breath, trying his best to atleast feign being okay. He'd have to, tomorrow was his death day. He had to tell Wally good bye and Kara... and anyone else that was here that he was friends with.

"I have to tell Wally." Dick tightened against Bruce, not wanting to let go for now. He knew he'd have to. He knew he didn't have much time.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Bruce nodded his head, knowing the importance of saying good bye to old friends. After all the things he had been through with them, they needed it. "..." What was there to say now? In these only moments he had left with his son? He didn't want to let the boy go, though he knew he'd have to. Soon Dick would go off to find his friends. And then-And then he'd have to break the news to Tim...

What was there for him to say? So much that he knew he should, that he needed to, but his mind drew a blank. Why was it always at the time you needed it the most that you couldn't find the right words to speak of? He kwen they were there somewhere.

Keeping his arms tightly wrapped around his boy, he took in a deep breath. There was just so much to say...

"I- I'm proud of you Dick." he said, hoping that for the few words he did say, the other knew of all that he didn't say. "For everything you've done- I'm proud." How could he not? This boy from the circus who had done so much with his life? Had done so much good? How could he not be proud.

"I love you."
Back to top Go down
Nightwing

Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:22 pm

"I'm proud of you Dick."

The younger vigilante felt his heart soar in his chest. That was all he ever wanted to hear as a child, as a teen, and as an adult. He finally got to hear the words that meant the world to him.

And it only took him dying to get them.

"I love you."

Dick just couldn't even form words, but he tried his best to say 'I love you too.' He mouth felt dry and fuzzy while his eyes just released tears all over the older man. He couldn't help it; this was all too much for him right now.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Bruce held his boy for dear life, his heart both heavy yet full. He held onto the child-now man- that he had raised from a young age. Had trained and cared for. He made a lot of mistakes, didn't show his care and love as well as he should have. But he had always loved his boy. Was always proud of him.

Why do I have to let you go? he thought, finding the cruelty of it all.

As Dick cried against him, finally letting out the tears he had been holding back, Bruce felt his heart brake and shatter. He too cried, though his tears were silent. "Dick..." he said quietly, not even really sure what he wanted to say. My boy... "I love you son." He hadn't said this even close to enough to the boy. And he regretted that deeply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Not the Best Place To Talk...   It's Not the Best Place To Talk... Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Not the Best Place To Talk...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawn of Legends :: Wayne Manor :: Kitchen-
Jump to: