Dawn of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Number of Characters Per Person

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Robin

Red Robin

Number of Characters Per Person Empty
PostSubject: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Marvel and the DC universe are both pretty large worlds. Interactions that can happen when you mix both can be exciting or just down right lethal. Or funny. Please let's not kill each other, be cool! Haha.

Anyway, to have a limit (there will still be a limit) that sounds right to the RPers themselves might be a great idea. Some like less and some like more. On average though our players play 4-5 characters. I think that is a reasonable limit. Probably because when you have such large worlds like Marvel an Dc the more characters you have, the more interactions that can happen.

I kind of want to see an read your opinions on what a good character set limit would be and why?

( P.S.- No character grubbing please )
( P.P.S. - this is only an opinion thread, not a rule change drama caused via this thread will be dealt with occordingy )
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Sounds good to me. ^^ ^^ Very Happy Smile Cool Laughing Razz Rolling Eyes What a Face Wink I love you cyclops alien tongue tongue pirat rabbit drunken bom cheers cherry geek jocolor

four or five sound good to me. if you have more you might start to neglect a character but with 4 or 5 i don't think that will happen as much.

Last edited by Harley Quinn on Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:39 pm

O.O Just spam the faces, Danielle! XDD <33333

And sounds good to me. And 5 sounds reasonable. And I like how you point how some people don't want a lot of characters and some do. <3

Last edited by X-23 on Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:08 pm

I think the limit you have is enough. Sounds to me that's enough if one can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:11 pm

I currently roll six characters. And I manage to play 5 of them with ease.
( Two are protectors and I can't do much about being active with them as I want. )

Just really depending on your table load, to be honest. But I'm thinking about dropping two characters to become a bit more manageable.
Back to top Go down
Superwoman

Superwoman

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:02 am

I don't think it's the limit that is important, but that you can play them. I don't want a competition who has the most characters, nor do I want people to take a character then kill it a week later. I'm not condeming it, I just want people to put some thought into taking a character and really think about options if they feel they are stuck with the character, because that can happen to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:43 am

It not a race to get the most characters, it never has been. You know I like to play a variety and we know I have the ability to do so. And hey, it's fibber with a variety. We're here for fun, not to make this like work.
Back to top Go down
Superwoman

Superwoman

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:21 am

I'm not saying you can't have fun, or have multiple characters that you play. I just want people to know their limits and who they think they can and can not play when they take on a character. Cause it's not fair that they take a character then discover they can't play it and kill him or her off, and either later discover they want the character back or someone else wants to play that character. And again I would like to point out that as long as you know you can play them, I see no problem with you having more charries.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:34 am

I get that, but I need to have a word with you on mibbit as well. To clear up something's.

I'll be on hopefully in an hour or less.

I'm on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number of Characters Per Person   Number of Characters Per Person Empty

Back to top Go down

Number of Characters Per Person
Page 1 of 1