Dawn of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superboy

Superboy

Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] Empty
PostSubject: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Kon-El walked into the entertainment room, blue eyes scanning around it before he moved to the couch in front of the t.v. He felt like relaxing for a bit, clear his mind of things. Turning the television on, the system for shows was off leaving it in a static. He left it as so, leaning back on the couch as he starred at the snow, letting the white noise fill his hears and clear his mind.

He once heard that white noise helped babies flal asleep, and to be honest Kon could see why. There was a soothing way the white noise reached him, filling his mind and making it clear and blank form troublesome thoughts. It was great really. Relaxing. A soft sigh left his lips as he left his mind drift off, blue eyes staring at the static filled screen.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Laura was wandering around, trying to see what other rooms were in this place. She walked into one room which looked like a Entertainment Room. She walked in, not taking notice to the male that was also in this room. Her eyes looked at the TV, wondering why it was on when there was nothing but static. But she decided to shrug and not question it, maybe someone was here but left the room for food?

She walked to the window to look outside, finding herself enjoying the window's view of outside more entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Being one with super hearing, hardly anything escaped his years and no one could sneak up on him. Except for Batman. But hey, who could hear the Dark Knight coming? No one, that's who. Sensitive ears picked up footsteps coming into the room, followed by a steady heart beat. Someone else was with him. he chose to ignore them at first, letting the static fill his being. If they said something, he might acknowledge, but at the moment he wanted nothing more than to forget everything and just be.

Several minutes passed by, with no one talking. Had it not been for the heartbeat, Kon would have thought he was alone. Finally, he glanced around the room and spotted a girl sitting by the window. He didn't recognize her, and it put him on edge a bit. Though this place was for heroes, so she couldn't be someone to be cautious of. Blue eyes started at her for a moment before he made a grunt noise in greeting and turn back to the static t.v.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Laura had sensed there was another presence in the room after she had sat down. Though she ignored him, knowing he really wasn't a threat. But she could sense something strange about it.

She then felt him stare at her for a while, making her a little uneasy as she never liked being stared at. But she didn't say anything as she just looked out the window. She turned around finally when she heard a grunt noise, her bright green eyes looking at the male, "Hello.." Laura said softly.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Upon hearing a soft hello, he looked back at the girl and nodded his head. He studied her again, now that her gaze was upon him. "Hi." he said after a moment, his voice indifferent and blunt like it tended to be when he was around strangers. He was never good at talking with strangers. Hell, he wasn't even good talking with his friends at times. Unless Tim was there.

Scratching the side of his cheek, he turned back to the t.v. and grabbed the remote. Most people tend to find it odd whenever ever they saw him watching static, and he didn't want to deal with any questions. So he turned the system on and soon enough, some odd soap opera came onto the screen. He blinked at it before scrunching his nose and flipping through the channels. When he saw nothing that looked good to him, he turned the whole thing off and just sat in the silence.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Laura looked at him and nodded when he spoke to her. Though she looked away the moment he looked away, not really knowing what to say to this male. She bit her lip as she just stared out of the window. She was never really a talker unless someone talked to her..Like Dick had done when they first met, he kept a conversation. Though she then realized she was thinking of him, making her blush.

Stop blushing before it's get noticeable you idiot!

Laura thought as she shook Dick out of her mind and made the blush disappear. She then slowly turned her head to look at the male, before looking away as she didn't know what to say. And since she wasn't really a talker when she was away from friends, she wouldn't really talk.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Kon could feel the girl looking at him, could feel her eyes. But he kept his gaze at the black screen, unsure what to do. God he wished Tim was here. He'd say something, even if it wasn't much. An introduction of sorts. Scratching the back of his head, the kyrptonian-hybrid stood up and made his way over to where the stranger was. He should at least ask her her name. And give his own. That was common politeness. Though... how was he supposed to introduce himself?

A deep frown was on his face as he made it to the girl, his brows furrowed together as he tried to thin. Should he say only his hero name? Or was it ok to say his Earth name since they were both heroes stuck on this other Earth? Or should he give his Kyrptonian name? "Um...." Smooth. he though with a deeper frown. He could almost imagine Tim chuckling under his breath at him. hell, he could imagine Bart laughing his ass off. "Who are you?' he decided to ask. How she introduced herself might help him decide what name to give.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Laura slowly looked up at the male when he walked next to him. Her eyes just looking at him, before she looked away when he wasn't talking. She couldn't understand him, it was like he was going to talk..But he didn't.

"Um...."

Laura looked back at him and waited to hear something from him. Though she found it strange how they both really didn't know what to say.

"Who are you?"

"Laura." She said softly, keeping her eyes on the male, "And you?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:09 pm

"Laura."

Kon felt himself nod, showing he heard and understood her words. Well, he could scratch off hero name he supposed. When she asked for his name, he bit his lip and tilted his head in thought. That left him with Kon-El and Conner Kent. he wasn't sure which was best. His Earth name was his secret identity, while his Kyrptonian name... well he felt close to that name. It was what his friends would call him, and his 'cousin' Kara. It was more personal.

But he didn't know this girl. So perhaps it was better to say he was Conner Kent instead? Tim, I wish you were here. he thought. You're smarting than me. You'd know what name to say. After another minute, he finally opened his mouth to speak. "I'm... not sure what name to say." he admitted, deciding the blunt approach and telling her outright. He didn't like admitting to not knowing something, it made him feel stupid, but he knew that he couldn't keep quiet forever.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:24 pm

"Whichever one you like the best.." She said as she looked away, "I told you the name of mine..that I like the best..Laura Kinney." She said as she was trying to help the male. Laura then looked up at him.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Taking in her advice, he nodded his head and began thinking once more. Kon-El was more personal of a name for him. But he did really like Conner Kent as well. It allowed him to become attached to the Kents, be a member of the family though he was not related to them. Plus it was something he shared with both Superman and Kara. It was a bit hard to decide which name he liked best.

But then he thought about Tim. Sometimes the other would call him Conner, but most of the time, he called him Kon. In the back of his mind he could even hear the breathy groan of his name off his newly made boyfriend's lips. In which caused a light blush to fill his cheeks. Clearly his throat slightly, to cover it up and help clear him of it, he opened his mouth to speak. "Kon-El." he spoke out, bringing his hand out for her to shake. Shaking hands was something he long ago learned was a good custom when introductions were made.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:42 pm

(( OOC: you're so cute Kon <3 ))
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:47 pm

{OOC: I try Wink lol}
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:48 pm

"Kon-El."

Laura looked at him and nodded to him. Before she took her hand and shook his, nodding her head again to say it was nice to meet him. She then saw how he didn't look familiar, "Um..are you one of Dick's friends?" She asked, wondering if he actually was. Cause if so she would feel a tad bit better talking to him.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:57 pm

An awkward silence filled the room as the two shook hands. At first nothing was said, just some simply head nodding and hand shaking. And then Laura spoke. Blue eyes blinked in surprise at hearing Nightwing's real name, not expecting her to have known it. Then he paused to think her question over. Were they friends? He wasn't sure. "We're... teammates." he said, settling for that words. "And I'm dating his brother." he added, to elaborate any connection he had with the hero. Though, Nightwing didn't know he was dating Tim. That had only just happened. They hadn't told anyone yet.

Well, I've told someone now. he thought. "Erm... he doesn't know that yet. Last he checked, we were best friends. That recently changed." Was it ok to be saying this? Surely it was. Cassie and he told people when they had dated. So surely it was the same with Tim. Only he just didn't tell this Laura his name, because that was up to Tim to decide.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:32 pm

"We're... teammates."

Laura nodded at him, finding it weird how Dick called him his friend..While Kon-El just said they were teammates. Which made a little bit of sense, but she wasn't going to argue. Though she froze when she was told that him and Dick's brother were dating now. Her eyes widened, "W-wow.." She said as she really didn't hear two men were going out a lot. Yet it made her smile a little, finding kind of sweet that he wasn't afraid of saying that out loud.

"Erm... he doesn't know that yet. Last he checked, we were best friends. That recently changed."

"I won't tell him..That's up to you two." She said as she shrugged, looking away.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:55 pm

"W-wow.."

Blue eyes blinked as a puzzled frown formed on Kon's face at her reaction. Was it some big shock? Was it something he shouldn't have said? Perhaps things were different when two guys dated than when it was a guy and a girl. True, in every movie he had seen, it was always a woman and a man, and if he bothered to pay attention to couples around him it tended to be that way. Actually, he wasn't sure if he ever saw two guys dating before. Maybe it was strange? But I really like him, so it must be ok. Kon was further convinced of this when the girl smiled softly.

And when she promised to keep quiet and not tell Nightwing. He relaxed a little and offered a small smile of his own. "Thanks. We should tell him ourselves I think. Though I wonder if he wants Dick to know... the Bat family can get pretty protective." Though that was to be expected with the wards of Batman. At least, he thought so. Kon was a little jealous even. Then something occurred to him. "So... you know Dick?" he asked, titling his head to the side.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Laura nodded at him when he spoke about the bat-family.

"So... you know Dick?"

Laura blushed lightly, before she made it go away, "Yeah..I met him earlier." She said as she smiled lightly.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Confusion filled Kon at the sight of the girl's blush, not quite getting as to why it was there. Then again, he was pretty clueless as to why many girls had flushed faces at random times. But since it came up at the mention of Dick, Kon could only assume it had to do with him. So instead he gave a simply nod before rubbing the back of his neck. What now?
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Laura looked away when the silence filled the room, making her look down as she didn't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:45 pm

The awkward silence grew and Kon felt himself feeling uncomfortable. Something needed to be done. Anything. Searching his head for a topic, he glanced about until his eyes settled onto her collar. He felt displeasure at the sight of the thing, but it brought something to his mind. "Do you have powers or are you like Dick?' he asked with a tilt of his head.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:06 am

Laura looked at him, "I have powers." She said as she nodded at him. Before she saw a questioning look on his face, "Um..I have Superhumanly Acute Senses,laws in my knuckles and in my feet..They are coated with Adamantium, a strong metal in my universe. And I have superhealing..Though I only have these powers due to I am a clone.."
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:28 am

As she told him she had powers, he gave her a curious look. What kind of powers did she have. She must have been able to read him, though not a hard thing to do, for she began listing them. At the mention of something called Adamantium, he gave another puzzles look, but Laura quickly explained what it was. I wonder how strong it is if either Superman or I got a hold of it? he wondered, wanting to test it out a little.

HIS eyes widened a little at the super healing part, but that was soon over powered at mentioning she was a clone. A clone... like... me? he wondered in amazement before he opened his mouth. "I am a clone of a hero in my universe called Superman." he said, his eyes softening at meeting someone like him. "He died once, and a group called Cadmus Project had me made as his replacement." he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "I have most of the same powers he has. Flying, super strength, super speed, super hearing, x-ray vision, heat vision, and telescopic vision."

Kon's eyes softened as he thought further on his being. "I was supposed to be the next Superman. Only I was released from my pod early, coming out at sixteen instead of an adult. And then Superman came back alive." In all honesty, though his primary function was to be Superman, he was glad the Man of Steel was alive and well. At least, in his world. "And... and only half of my DNA is his. He's Kyrptonian, an kind of alien that's is almost wiped out, and it was very hard to clone the DNA successfully. They had to mix human DNA." He bit his lip after saying that. Memories at learning of his Human father filled his mind, troubling him greatly.
Back to top Go down
X-23

X-23

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:36 am

Laura watched his reaction when she had said clone, getting a little confused on why she did get such a big reaction.

Though her curiosity was answered when he explained he was a clone also, making her eyes widened a little. She listened to him, seeing how he was a clone from a hero in his universe. And then she listened to how he had died and a group called Cadmus Project made him Superman's replacement.

Kind of like me..except Logan didn't die..They just wanted to replace him with a better weapon..

She thought, before her eyes widened again at how he got the same powers as this Superman.

Once again..another similarity..

She listened to the rest of his story, before hearing how he was half and half..The one thing that wasn't similar to them in that subject, "And that's where the similarities end.." She thought out loud.
Back to top Go down
Superboy

Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:49 am

Kon blinked as she spoke aloud, taking a moment before it registered what she meant. The kryptonian hybrid nodded his head, figuring what she said must be true. "I'm glad I got out of there before I was ready in their eyes." he admitted, his eyes becoming a mix of sorrow and relief of what could have been. "Otherwise I would have thought I was superman and be used as a weapon by Cadmus." he clutched his hands into fists as he thought back at it all. The trigger words they had implanted into his mind. Something that took a long time to brake out of. But did overcome the words, just as his friend Raven had said he would.

"That had been their real plan. A weapon for them to control." he stated, his eyes getting a faraway look. "the donor for my human DNA was the one behind it all. His name is Lex Luther and... and he is a very bad man in my universe. Superman's nemesis even." It was almost funny really. How he was this creation between two enemies. It was also a bit odd how quick he was to open up about this to Laura. But then again, it probably had to do with the fact that she was just like him. A clone. The only other clones he had ever met were Bizarro and Bizarro Superboy. Neither were ones to connect with.

"What about you?' he asked with a tilt of his head. "Who were you cloned from?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]   Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23] Empty

Back to top Go down

Kindred Spirits [Tag X-23]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawn of Legends :: Wayne Manor :: Entertainment Room-
Jump to: