HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Catwoman

PostSubject: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:11 am

Nothing about this place was ordinary. Lavish and regal.

Seriously. It was starting to get on her nerves. Bruce had grown up in this place. It bothered her. Of course she had been her multiple times, stealing multiple things (like his mother's pearls, she wasn't sure if he noticed but made a point of wearing them to galas). But this was different. She felt content here.

And the feeling enough was unsettling.

She was used to having to sneak around and sneak out of the manor. Not living here with permission. Well, it wasn't really permission but still... Being here with Bruce okay with it was weird. Their game wasn't over. Not by a long shot, or it felt like that more than not.

Her jade eyes flicked to view books and lavish items. She felt sick to her stomach. She wanted to run, run so very far away but couldn't find the need, no... the want.

For once in her life she felt content.

And it bothered her.
Back to top Go down
Batman

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:50 pm

After leaving the living room, Bruce was in an odd state of confliction. The frustrations of not being able to find a clue as to who left behind the bird-a-rang was still there. As was the sorrows from the loss of Dick. But the sorrow lightened somehow. It was still a terrible weight upon him, but- but it was almost easier to bare. And yet not at the same time. She's going to have Dick's child. he thought as he moved in an almost dazed state. Though only those close to the brooding Bat would be able to tell.

A part of Dick was still alive. A new member to the family that needed cherishing and love. I'm going to be a grandfather. It was strange. He never thought, despite all the young wards he cared for and called his own, that he would ever become a grandfather. Or at least not live to see the day.

Bruce paused in his steps, the odd sense of joy being dulled by another thought. The child won't have it's father.... Dick was unable to live to see himself become a father. Wouldn't be able to hold the child and love it as he would no doubt have done. And it's my fault.

With a sigh, he continued moving, ignoring the ghosts that lingered in his mind at every corner. It was almost strange how used to he was getting at seeing them.

The tall raven-haired man entered the Parlor, feeling the need to clear his mind by sitting in a chair and perhaps read a book. Or simply sit in the silence. But that thought was derailed when he spotted the elusive cat bugler he knew all too well. Quietly, Bruce watched Selina as she looked at the books and expensive antics that littered the room. Out of habit, his gray-blue eyes remained trained on her tricky hands, watching to see if she'll snatch yet another thing of his. I wonder if she knows I know she took Mother's pearls. he thought vaguely before he silently moved towards her turned back.

"I don't believe you'll find anything that suits your feline tastes in here." he rumbled out, his deep voice breaking the silence that had settled. there was the tiniest hints of a smirk on his lips as he looked down at her.
Back to top Go down
Catwoman

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:38 pm

"I don't believe you'll find anything that suits your feline tastes in here."

Selina had long ago gotten used to Bruce's need to sneak behind people. The door had a subtle creak as it opened, letting her know someone was entering the room. It only took him speaking to let her know who exactly it was.

"Oh? I think there's something in here I want..." The feline fanatic purred out, turning her head slightly as her fingers traced the binding of a book.

"Tall, dark, and ever brooding... hm...?" She moved her face back to the shelf, pushing a book that was farther out then its fellow bound papers that meant nothing to her or her cause.

"I guess I should lower my tastes then if something it to be acceptable by my tastes." She said with a mock scoff.
Back to top Go down
Batman

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 am

It was almost disappointing how Selina never jumped or even flinched at his sudden appearance. But then again he was more than expectant of her to remain cool and collected. How many years had they done this with each other? How he'll swoop in out of nowhere and she wouldn't bat an eyelash... well she would bat her lashes but not out of being startled.

Upon her purred out words, Bruce raised a brow and simply stood there quietly as his eyes watched her every move. A small quirk of a smile came and went on his face upon her words before a small sigh escaped his lips. Brooding was indeed the right description for him at that time.

"I guess I should lower my tastes then if something it to be acceptable by my tastes."

Bruce silently moved to her side, his hand grabbing a book by where her hand was while he did so. "I suppose you should." he commented as he opened the book and brushed against the old pages. It was a very old copy of Pride and Prejudice. Figures that was the book his hand happened upon.

"Unless tall dark and brooding grandfathers are where your tastes reside."
Back to top Go down
Catwoman

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:21 am

"Unless tall dark and brooding grandfathers are where your tastes reside"

Selina let a smirk cross her features. Bruce making a joke? That was... unexpected but severely enjoyed.

"I wasn't aware Alfred was on the market. I could have sworn he had quite the puppy crush on Ma Kent... Oh well, he's quite the gentleman. Maybe not tall, but brooding and with his British charms?" The feline fanatic purred her words as she made a swirl around the book cover her hand was on, watching the brooding Bat next to her scan the pages.

"Though, I like them with children. Grandchildren wouldn't bother me." She mused, giving the book's spine a subtle stroke, "Especially when the grandchildren are Robins." She added, letting her weakness for the boys into the conversation. They were like children to her, so much to a point she made sure to keep tabs on Red and Harls to warn them if they were in danger.
Back to top Go down
Batman

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:37 am

Bruce felt a twinge of disgust fill him as the woman brought up Alfred. That was not an image he really needed. Not when it came about the man who was like a grandfather to him. Taking a moment to compose himself and listen to Selina go on about how Alfred would fit the bill, Bruce flipped a page, passing the table of contents and onto the first page of the chapter one.

At the mentions of the Robins, he paused and took in a sharp breath. After a moment he turned his head to look at her. "I wasn't talking about Alfred." he said calmly before turning his head to the book. "Besides where Robins are concerned, he's be the great-grandfather." The man read the first paragraph of the book before closing it and placing it back on the shelf.

Then a tired sigh left his lips as his shoulders sagged. "It's not a Robin that's the grandchild anyway. But the father." Bruce turned away from the woman and made his way to one of the chairs. he sat down in it with as much silence as his steps. And as he sat, he looked on into space, with a look that perhaps made him look much older. Or perhaps his actual age. Who was to say? He certainly wasn't as young as he was when he first took the mantel of Batman.

"He left behind a nest with a black bird and a little egg inside."
Back to top Go down
Catwoman

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am

Selina turned her head, moving her body with it giving him a confused look. Three Robins, ex Robins, were here and that confused her greatly. Apparently one left--

"Jesus Christ, a Robin kncoked a girl up?" Selina's mouth was slightly parted in just pure surprise and shock. That just didn't make sense, at all. Robins were like the leaders of the safe sex club. They might have been a sluts, but the guys (and girl) never knocked up anyone unless on purpose, well except in Steph's case, and well they weren't in the business of purposefully knocking anyone up.

Selina moved her thumb and fore finger to squeeze the bridge of her nose why folding her arm to hold the opposite one up.

"Tim's too gay for Kon to do that to be perfectly honest, Damian's too young, oh God Bruce you need to have the Talk with him when we get back, Jason's Jason and probably can't get laid, and Dick's like... captain protection man himself, how?" Selina tried to figure the information out before it clicked. He said left. The only ones that had left the-- they have been gone too long for this information to just be said. Someone had knocked a girl up here.

That lowered it to only Dick and Jason.

That lowered it to Dick. (Nothing against the Red Hood, it was just Dick had a far higher chance of getting laid than Jason).

"Oh my God, Dick knocked a girl up?" Selina ran here fingers through her hair, swallowing down the truth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings   

Back to top Go down

1000 Times, 1000 Different meanings
Page 1 of 1