HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Figuring Things Out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain America

PostSubject: Figuring Things Out   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:47 pm

As soon as he left Tony's room, the patriot took off down the hall. He had passed his own room, the room in which Tony was waiting for him whenever the soldier decided to seek him out, but he refused to look at it. His mind was too frazzled, too full that he couldn't think at all. All he knew was that he needed to go somewhere, anywhere, to clear his mind so he could actually think!

At first the super soldier didn't pay attention to where he was going. It was hard to focus when the genius billionaire's words kept echoing in his head. He just couldn't believe it. Tony- Tony had those kinds of feelings for him. I don't know what to do. he thought as his heart raced. And that was not a familiar feeling for the super soldier. He was a strategist, he often was the decision maker. Yet he was clueless with how to handle the situation he was now in. And even more so, he was clueless with how his body was feeling.

And as these worries came to him, he took a moment to look around. He found himself back at the weight room. The very place where he had found Tony as a woman, with Loki attempting to force himself on the other. The very memory filled him with rage and he stormed into the room. There was no one inside that he was happy about that. He was confused, angry, and a little lost. The best thing to do was for him take it out on a punching bag.

The patriot quickly located where they were kept at and set up the first one. With a frown, he brought his fists up in a boxing stance before he shot out his right hook. His fist connected with the bag, causing the sound of his hit to echo in the room while the bag was shoved away by the force. Just as it was coming back his left hook shot out. He kept up this pattern as he tried to collect his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
White Queen

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:36 am

Emma was walking through the hero's home again to see if there was any trouble she could stir up.

Emma's head suddenly throbbed. She put her hand to her head massaging it to calm. She smirked sensing the extreme confusion in the weight room. She walked in.

She felt that most of the confusion had to do with love and sexuality. And she did like to help people find their way in that respect. And if she helped now she could mess with them latter.

Emma saw it was a handsome blonde man hitting one of the weighted bags.

Emma smirked she poked slightly into his mind. It was filled with thoughts of a man and woman but they were the same person. She could sense references to Loki so it must have something to do with magic. She didn't pry to hard not wanting to take the chance of him sensing her.

She wanted to help him figure out that he wanted this man. She enjoyed that. Helping people find themselves, mostly young people. It's one of the things she loved about her job when she worked with the Hellions.

She stepped in. "Well someone seems rather energized today. What has you so upset?" She asked as if she didn't know.

She placed herself near the side of the punching bag. She shifted her weight allowing him to see her more clearly. She wanted to know what he felt when he saw her. She wanted to make sure it was the man he had feeling for and not the woman the man had been turned into.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 pm

The punches flew with a frenzy, the poor bag getting pounded on as it sails through the air as far its chain goes. The chain itself was creaking at the fore it was being jerked around with. It was highly plausibly that if Steve kept up with the strength of his punches or even increased, it would soon break off entirely.

But at the moment he didn't even care. Didn't even think about it. He was just trying to relieve the stress and have everything in his head make sense again.

"Well someone seems rather energized today. What has you so upset?"

Steve froze mid punch, stopping short of hitting the bag. Blue eyes widened as someone made themselves known in the weight room. Seeing the blonde woman stand next to the punching bag caused him to blink before taking a step back. When did she get in here? he thought, his body tensing a little. He knew who she was, The White Queen: Emma Frost.

He wasn't so sure her presence was a good one.

Vaguely he took in her choice of clothing, a small frown on his face. He would never get used to how revealing the clothing women wore today was. It was just so- improper! Would a little bit more modesty hurt? You have more important things to worry about than wishing she'd cover up more. Steve thought, his frown deepening. Then he recalled the woman's psychic abilities....

This caused his whole body to tense up as he refused to look at her and at the punching bag. "No offense Miss, but I believe that's none of your business." he told her, his hands clenching at his sides. He really wanted to go back to hitting the punching bag. He tried his best not to think about Tony. Didn't want her to prob at his mind. But even as he tried, the memories of the confession, of everything that led up to it, kept lingering just past his eyes.
Back to top Go down
White Queen

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Emma grinned as his thoughts came in more focus and clarity. So Tony mad the first move. That makes sense. A man from the 40's wouldn't understand how ok having those types of feelings for another man were nowadays. She thought.

"Oh Captain my Captain." She said jokingly as she watched him try to ignore her and push her away from his mind. Unfortunately for him his thoughts were to loud for him to squash. "It might not be my business but that doesn't mean I can't help."

She took a thinking pose. "Now lets see... Hmm. Someone is having feelings for his resident tech. genius huh? And for that I didn't even have to go into your mind. Your broadcasting it so loud I could hear you from outside this room. Your thoughts may be confused but you keep coming back to enjoying that kiss don't you?" She smirked at him in understanding.

"And that's were you get confused right?"
Back to top Go down
Captain America

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:13 am

Steve was really not liking the grin the woman gave him. It spoke of knowledge and mischief. Both of which Steve did not want at that moment. A frown then formed on his lips as she opened her mouth to speak, her words spoken like some sort of joke. Though he didn't get it. Not one bit. Then again there were many jokes that he didn't get when made towards him.

The super soldier's body stiffened as the woman continued to speak, saying he had feelings for Tony. He opened his mouth to deny her accusations but she continued speaking. When she brought up the kiss, his mouth closed up tight as his eyes widened. He- he couldn't find any means of argument. Because she was right.

And that was terrifying.

He shouldn't have enjoyed it. Shouldn't have wanted to press closer like he had done. Shouldn't have lost himself so much like he did. Shouldn't have had his heart race like it did from the kiss, the touch, the confession. He shouldn't be feeling like this at all.

But he did. And that was what was confusing. What was wrong.

Because he was Captain America, and there were things that Captain America just wasn't. Just couldn't be. And he just couldn't be gay. Captain America couldn't be gay. It wouldn't have been right. It would let so many people down. What would his parents have thought?
Back to top Go down
White Queen

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Emma continued to grin. "Oh Dear you need to understand the world is different then it was back in your day. In fact nowadays if you aren't true to yourself you loose respect." She stepped forward looking deep into his eyes to look deeper into his mind. "And as for your parents. They've been dead for a long time. What they would have thought doesn't matter. And I would have thought they would want you to be happy wouldn't they?" She asked smirking.

"The world is different now. You should keep that in mind. And besides if you think about it, being in this world where you or he could die in the next battle, you need to do what makes you happy. I mean really how would you feel if you watched Stark die in the arena with him thinking that you didn't care for him the way he cared for you." She raised an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:23 pm

"Oh Dear you need to understand the world is different then it was back in your day. In fact nowadays if you aren't true to yourself you loose respect."'

Steve felt his whole body frozen, his mind a confused mess while Emma Frost walked closer and spoke words that made sense. Were logical. But he couldn't- wouldn't let himself take them to heart. How could he? If he did- if he took in those words, accepted the strange thudding of his chest and the emotions swirling inside him for what he dared not think of, he would be letting down the people who were closest to his hearts. Though they were gone, their spirits lived on, and he did not want to bring sorrow to his parents.

Blue eyes lashed angerly as the woman claimed that what his parents thought didn't matter simply because they were dead. "Their opinions will always matter to me." he said, his eyes narrowed as his jaw clenched. "Dead or not." he said. They were who mattered most to the patriot. The Irish immigrants who had raised their child in a country of freedom, hoping only for the best in their boy. His father who died when he was young. His mother, who raised him on her own until his teens when she was taken by illness. She had always wanted, had looked forward to, grandchildren.

Though she had always wanted his happiness. Supported his love of art and drawing. But she had raised him in the belief of an eternal happiness that was past the grave. Something that would be out of his grasp if he allowed himself to submit to these feelings inside of him that was, what he was identifying now as, longing for the egotistical, narcissistic, billionaire playboy genius.

"I mean really how would you feel if you watched Stark die in the arena with him thinking that you didn't care for him the way he cared for you."

Tony dieing... such a thing was an occupational hazard for all heroes. Something Steve was no stranger to. He had seen comrades, friends, die on the battlefield as a soldier. And as an Avenger. Though it never made any of it easier. And the thought of the brunette dieing... well Steve couldn't lie that it pained him greatly. That he would do anything to keep the other from dieing. But it was like that with any of his teammates. He didn't want any of them to die. But with Tony its more so. he admitted in his mind, just a little.

But- But could he admit, to himself and to Tony, o having the same kind of feelings the Iron Man clearly stated of having? Could he accept himself of being that way?
Back to top Go down
White Queen

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Emma sighed and looked at the patriot with pity.

"Ok so their opinions matter to you. But would they be that upset with you if they discovered you feelings for a man? Would they hate you, or would they tell you they loved you anyway? Parents, good parents like I'm sure yours were, love their children even if they don't agree with every thing they do."

She moved around to his side as she spoke. "And no one wants to see their friends die but when you think about Stark dieing in the arena what do you really feel? You didn't see the fight where the boy Nightwing had his neck snapped. He had a girlfriend you know. A woman he loved. I believe you know her. Laura, X-23. She watched him die and couldn't do anything about it. You or Stark might find yourself in that same position as well. How would that make you feel? Watching Tony have his neck snapped right in front of you and not being able to do anything about it?"

She placed a hand on his shoulder. "In this situation you need to think about that. If you don't think about it then one day your going to find your whole world will fall down around you when he either moves on or he dies. You need to decide right now if your fears of not coming forward about your feelings are worth it or not. you could be happy or you could wonder forever what your life could have been if you had thrown caution to the wind and tried." She said encouragingly.
Back to top Go down
Captain America

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Steve frowned as he listened to her speak, to her questions. They might be upset with him. Upset that he strayed from God's path. Would they have still loved him? He would like to hope so, for they had been very good parents. But even if they did, that didn't mean they wouldn't be upset or disappointed in him with his choice. And any good person wouldn't want their parents disappointed. he thought, his shoulders sagging just a little.

These worried and depressing thoughts almost distracted him from the woman interrogating him on whether it was right or wrong to act on what he was feeling. Keyword was almost. But no, he was still very much aware of her and her movements when she came to his side.

"And no one wants to see their friends die but when you think about Stark dieing in the arena what do you really feel?"

How did he really feel? It was frightening how easy he could answer that. Because what he really felt when he thought of Tony dieing in that arena was rage and despair. No doubt about it, those would be his emotions.

"I believe you know her. Laura, X-23."

Blue eyes widened at that. A young man had already fell prey to the dangers of the arena. And he left behind Laura Kinny. Memories of when Steve had ran into the young woman upon his first day in this universe and how he had seen her crying. The marks on her arm. Her rage and sorrow. The mystery man she had lost, that was who it was.

"How would that make you feel? Watching Tony have his neck snapped right in front of you and not being able to do anything about it?"

The soldier didn't even want to picture that. The man, without his suit, could be so fragile- But he would have his suit. So the neck snapping was near impossible. But still... there was no mistaking the shot of pain that stab his heart. Feeling the hand on his shoulder, the patriot turned his head to look at the White Queen. There was truth in her words, encouragement. But he still feel some hesitation. And a worried curiosity. "Why are you concerning yourself with this?' he asked. That didn't make much sense. The two were by no means close. Nor was she close to Tony. Why would she bother in helping with this affair? And then blue eyes took in a sight he had not seen before.

She wasn't wearing a collar.

Stiffening again, he felt himself grow wary. She didn't have a collar. That meant she was a protector. Like Mr. Pennyworth. And though Steve decided he could trust that man somewhat as an ally, he was even more cautious with this woman.
Back to top Go down
White Queen

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Emma smiled and tapped his nose. "So you finally noticed." She stepped back.

She turned stepping away from him. She then turned around her cape spinning behind her.

"I'm a protector yes. Now we can move on, yes?" She smirked putting her hands on her hips. "Now, I don't really care about what happens to you, but I do like helping people find themselves. I've like doing it ever since I was a teacher. Helping people, students mostly. Helping someone find out what they really want in the world how they really feel? My telepathy lets me help with this. I can tell you want to be with Mr. Stark. Now the only question is, are you to afraid of what people think of you to do anything about it? Or are you brave enough to try?"

She put her hand on his shoulder again. She wanted him to believe that all she wanted was to help. While she did like helping like that she knew that being in a relationship would make the patriot more vulnerable then he realized. While the tech. genius might really love the Captain he was a falanderer by nature. He would screw up and hurt the Patriot even without the help of the Protectors.

(Ooc: I don't really think this but Emma is banking on this so that Steve will be weak.)
Back to top Go down
Captain America

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:44 am

Blue eyes narrowed as the White Queen tried to move on from the subject that she was a protector. But even as she moved on, his edge remained were it was. These protectors were a gray area he wasn't sure how to act on. Add that to Emma Frost and it was one giant uneasy area of uncertainty. But Steve needed to worry about it later and focus on her reasoning for 'helping' him with this matter.

Perhaps what she was saying was valid. A certain joy in helping people find themselves. But yet, he couldn't quite trust it either. But even though he couldn't fully trust her motives in helping him, he couldn't deny the truth in her words about him. And that was scary.

"Or are you brave enough to try?"

That was indeed the question. Steve liked to believe himself to not be a coward. He stood up against bullies back when he was just a scrawny kid and even tried to enlist in the army to fight in a war. A war that gave a high chance of death. Went through an experimental procedure and fought in said war. He nearly lost his life several times. But he always jumped right in to the danger to help others.

But bravery wasn't just fight against odds or jumping into danger. It was doing something despite the fear. Despite how scared you were.

But such a decision, he couldn't make right away. I need to talk to Tony again. he thought, feeling that if anything was going to come out of this. They needed to talk. Really talk. "Thank you for this chat Miss Frost. But I must be going." he said, giving a small tilt of his head in farewell before he quickly made his way out of the weight room. There was a certain billionaire genius waiting for him in his room.
Back to top Go down
White Queen

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 am

Emma watched the conflict in his eyes as he thought about her word. She hoped he work this out with Stark.

He tilted his head excusing himself. She loved how polite the old fashioned Captain was. She wished she could find someone even half as polite.

"Alright Steve." She smiled. "I hope you work out everything with Tony." She watched him leave the weight room and after she was gone she left herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figuring Things Out   

Back to top Go down

Figuring Things Out
Page 1 of 1