HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Good morning, Sunshine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Tim just stared at the orbs, now turned fruits. He looked up at Loki after he slowly touched and took the apple. He stared at the thing for a moment, eyebrows furrowing.

"You just broke the Conservation of Mass Law." Tim couldn't help but stare at the apple then back at Loki.

"...Seriously?" He couldn't wrap his mind around it. Then again, magic was Zatanna's thing, not his.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 2:28 pm

The trickster almost giggled at how suspiciously Tim was eyeing the fruit. "Don't worry. It's eadible. I too am sometimes confused about the things you humans have created... Like these... Phones you carry around. I have yet to figure out those radio waves..." Loki admitted. He found some things the humans have done quite fascinating. The rest was just stupid rubbish in his opinion. Like the TV. It didn't fit in his head what was so entertaining about a box with little people in it. Humans were so simple.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Tim wiped his thumb over the smooth skin of the apple.

"Well, phones I can explain. Magic? No way, not my area of knowledge." The ex-Boy Wonder took a small bite out of the apple while shrugged. He chew and swallowed before speaking. He had manners.

"This is pretty good. And the radio waves deal with the atmosphere. You don't understand because I'm guessing Asgard doesn't have an atmosphere made of tiny gas molecules."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 pm

"Yes. Asgard isn't really a planet. Just a flat mass in the space. We do have an athmosphere. We need air to breath. But I guess ours differ from yours in some way, so it doesn't function and create the same reactions yours does." Loki mused.

"I could tell you about magic if you want." He offered.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Tim nodded his head, "That sounds awesome!"

"So besides the weird versions from like Harry Potter and other things like that... what's magic like?" Tim blinked his bright blue as at Loki's own. He liked to learn, loved it even. Plus, if someone could explain magic it Loki was more an apt to do that.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Harry Potter? He lifted his eye brow in question. He didn't know a sorcerer by that name. Must be a really weak one if he hadn't come to his knowledge yet.

"Magic is the most wonderful thing in the whole galaxy. How it surges through your body and makes you feel connected to the world around you. It's not crude as your science, but magic does have rules too. You can't just speak an incantation and flick your hand. That won't work. You need full knowledge of the Elements and how they work, separately and together." Loki lectured, his face litting up as he spoke of the only love in his life.

"I can give you an example. Remember how I turned those orbs into eadible fruits?" He saw the boy nod and continued. "For you to succeed on the transmutation, your mind has to be clear and you have to picture the process in your mind. Before that, you have to have knowledge of basic alchemy. Transmutation cannot create something from nothing, it has to already excist in Nature. The orbs I took out from the pouch each resembled something in Nature, seeds. The incantation that works as a catalyst to the process, needs to be spoken carefully. Any missed spelled words and it's over." Loki finished and glanced at Tim.

"I hope you understood everything I explained. It might be hard for someone who hasn't practised magic before."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 pm

"I understand, sorta." Tim blinked, getting it for the most part, alchemy itself was something he wasn't all that familiar with but he understood the general gist of what was being told to him.

"So magic does follow some science... Your reactant is base, the words are still a catalyst in science but the product is of logic and imagination, right?" Tim asked, making sure he really did understand what was being said before he admitted to comprehending the basis of magic.

"But that also means everyone's capable of creating magic, right? Or is it only an ability that certain people can wield?" His mind moved back to Zatanna, who only had to speak words and what she wanted, happened.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 7:45 am

The boy is indeed smart. Loki thought, happy to have found a person to have a decent, intelligent conversation with. Everytime he had tried to engage Thor in one in the past, the warrior had just looked utterly confused but kept on smiling and nodding anyway, like he understood everything. Which he didn't, the fool... So, this was very refreshing.

"You got it right in one go." The trickster praised. "To answer your second question: not all are able to use magic, but everyone do posses it, because every living creature in the galaxy posses a Life Force, or in other words Spiritual Energy. The people with much more powerfull Life Force than normal, are the ones able to reach and channel the magic. Don't confuce magic and qi. They are quite different matters, although they might sound similar, because the source they come is the same. Qi users have the normal Life Force and can only produce beams of energy, in example trough their hands. Magic users are more advanced and can use incantations, shapeshift, and so on. We Asgardians have a more powerfull Life Force, as our more longer life span indicates, than you humans, so it's pretty much natural for everyone of our people to be able to practise magic, if they only wanted to." Loki explained, in total lecture mode. He had always had the problem when he was talking about things interesting to him.

He crossed his arms over his chest and eyed the boy. "Do you have more questions?"

(OOC: May the Force be with you, my padawan. xD)
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 am

(( I totally ripped off FMA last posts ago. LOL ))

Tim beamed when Loki said he had gotten it right in one blow. He wasn't used to compliments.

"Is it really bad that I want to make a Star Wars reference now?" Tim joked out after Loki asked him if he had any questions.

"But, I know a few magic users. Zatara and Zatanna. They cast spells by saying words backwards. It's so confusing to try to know what they spell is... unless you understand English backwards. Took a while, but I got it. Well, for the most part at least. Cs and Ks mix me up sometimes." Tim said with a shrug, mind still dead set on saying a Star Wars reference.

"So, would now be the time that you'd say, 'May the force be with you.~'?"
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 12:56 pm

"So, would now be the time that you'd say, 'May the force be with you.~'?"

Loki just looked confusedly at Tim, before shaking his head amusedly. Humans were weird. "I'm afraid I'm lost regarding that reference. I don't know what this 'Star Wars' is."

"Zatara and Zatanna... I haven't encountered those names before... They must not excist in my dimension, because there speaking backwords won't function when working with magic. The magic in other worlds must differ from each other." He concluded.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm

It was weird to know you didn't exist in another Dimension. Made your existence feel.... unnecessary almost. The ex-Boy Wonder let a shiver roll down his back at the thought before perking up.

"You're kidding, you've never seen Star Wars? Never?" Tim looked at Loki with his head tilted giving the cutest confused and unbelieving face that he could muster.

"When I'm allowed out of here, we're watching it... and maybe if I can rope in Kon and you bring a friend. Make it a double date!" Tim said, shutting his eyes and smiling. Since coming here he hadn't... actually had a date with his boyfriend. He'd need to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Loki wasn't so sure about the movie. Everytime he had watched TV he had gotten a migraine. "I think I'll pass. Wouldn't want to be the third wheel, because I wouldn't have anyone to bring with me, anyways." He declined politely.

Then a sudden thought crossed his mind. "As you seem to be so interested in magic, what would you say if I thought you it? You being from a different dimension than me, you don't necessarily need a powerfull Life Force. And I think the basics of learning it are the same. Interested?"
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Tim shrugged, he assumed that might have been an answer. But he was still going to make Kon watch a movie with him.

"Teach me magic?" Timy blinked, thinking over the offer. Being able to do something that no one would expect of a nonmetahuman could be a useful ability in fighting crime. Even solving crimes. Why pass up that opportunity?

"Hm... sounds interesting. I think I'll take you up on that offer." Tim answered with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Loki smiled. "Good to hear." It would become handy to have a fellow sorcerer in this world with him.

"Just tell me when you want to start."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 pm

"We could start whenever I'm free to leave this place." Tim sighed looking at the door, almost longingly.

"You haven't seen Alfred around, have you? He's been gone for a really long time."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 2:18 pm

"No, I haven't. Sorry." He admitted. "He the one who would release you? Want me to go look for him?"
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm

"If you want, I guess you can. He hasn't been seen for a little bit... he was called away but never came back. It worries me." Tim said, admitting to that fact.

Seems like everyone leaves me and doesn't come back.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 2:21 pm

Loki nodded and rose from his seat. "Just sit tight. I won't be long." He vanished.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 pm

"Okay." Not like Tim had much of a choice. He laid back down on his bed. Getting comfortable on the bed.

Might as well get some sleep in, right?

He shut his eyes and he drifted off. Wondering where everyone had gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   

Back to top Go down

Good morning, Sunshine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2