HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Good morning, Sunshine

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loki

PostSubject: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 am

The God of Mischief was bored and had decided to go look if his young protege was still in the infirmary. He walked through the door and stopped. The boy was still napping, chest rising evenly.

Loki smirked and walked beside the bed, leaning forward to inspect the boy's face. Tim's eyes were moving rapidly under his eyelids, like he was having a vivid dream. Then Loki heard a little whimper escape through the boy's lips and his head turn restlessly. The god assumed the dream must not be pleasant.

Loki summoned a feather and brought it under Tim's nose, and tickled it. He chuckled as the boy's nose furrowed cutely.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 11:22 am

Tim was having a nightmare. Again. Usually Dick was infamous for the night terrors that woke him up from a dead sleep and plagued his waking moments, but now the task seemed to fall to him.

Though it was different. This time Bruce and Tim were in a fight. A never ending one in which Bruce fired him from Robin and told him he never wanted to see him again. That was fine with Tim, or it would have been if it wasn't for the fact Dick made an appearance and agreed.

Then at one point he needed to sneeze for some reason. when Tim made a small, annoyed, almost kitten like sneeze he cracked his eye open and stared at the blurry figure above him.

"Wah?" Tim's tired brain took it's time fixing his blurry eyes as Tim brought his hands up to rub the blurriness away.

"...Loki?" He asked tiredly, wondering why the Norse god was here again. Not that he minded since he was alone but it confused him.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 11:38 am

Loki gave a little playful wave. "Hello again. I would have let you sleep longer but you didn't seem to enjoy the dream you were having, so decided to wake you up."

He blew the feather away and it vanished. "What were you dreaming about?"
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

Tim almost frowned but decided against it. He wasn't that noticeable... was he?

"I don't want to talk about it." Tim said in a dejected voice. It was a memory with fiction added to it. Why bother when it would disappear in five minutes?

"What brings you here, 'ki?" Tim covered his mouth to yawn as he stretched.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 1:26 pm

"I don't want to talk about it."

Loki nodded. He was a little curious, though, as was his nature. But he wouldn't pressure the boy. The trickster god didn't want to push him away, because their association could become handy in the future... But he genuinely felt sorry for the youth.

"Oh, I was iddling near by and thought to come check up on you." He said. "I see your Super Boy haven't come yet. I'd thought him to be by your side the whole time."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 pm

"Usually is, I think something... or someone is keeping him away. He wouldn't not show up. It's... not in his nature." Tim mumbled out, sighing through his nose.

"But hey, I can't just keep him here. That would be wrong of me. We're people, we crave freedom." Tim seemed to speak as though to assure himself more than Loki.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Loki studied the boy's face as he spoke.

"Yes, freedom is important, indeed. But the support from your beloved ones are that too." Loki countered.

His face darkened for a second. Support. That was one of the things he'd had needed... and wanted, from his own family, but never really got.

"Why aren't you going to look for him? It must be really boring just laying here in the infirmary and wait. I would go mad." Loki let out a soft chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 1:42 pm

"I'm... a stickler for the rules, to be honest. I'd rather wait because if I leave, what happens if I miss him? Then what if he thinks I ditched him? What if... there's just a bunch of what ifs, plus I don't think I'd make it very far and not run into... him..." This him was a different one.

"As long as I stay here I won't have to see... that person. He's too cowardly to actually come in the room, which works out for me."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Him? Loki wondered who Tim meant, tho' he had a faint suspicion.

"Who do you mean?"
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

"..." Tim sighed, letting his shoulders fall.

"Batman. I mean Batman." Tim obviously didn't want to see the man. He only brought feeling of self loathing and reminded him of how useless of a person he was.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Loki frowned as the boy's shoulders huntched and his face fell. Batman, of course. One problem that drove the boy into the state he was. What was with fathers these days...

"Forgive me. That was a stupid question on my half." He said. "But I guess you'll have to face him at some point." Loki hoped the facing off would not be anything similar to what he had had with his 'father'.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 3:40 pm

"I'm kind of hoping not to. It would save a whole mess of drama." Tim sighed out, running his non-bandaged hand through his hair as he sat in an Indian style.

"Topic change, right?" Tim looked up, hoping there was a possibility of moving away from that subject. He didn't want to think about it. at all.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 3:51 pm

"Topic change, right?"

Loki smiled softly at him. "Yes, please."

He made a chair slide across the floor to him and sat down, crossing his legs. "I remember you being thrilled to hear I was Loki. Are you interested in Norse Mythology, then?"
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Tue May 29, 2012 4:17 pm

"Well... kind of. I've been around so many Greek Gods is was hard not to look up other ones and hope they were real too. You..." Tim's cheeks darkened a little bit, "We always my favorite. Growing up I might not have been that much of a prankster, but if I did attempt one, they were... spectacular."

"And, you're a shapeshifter. I thought that was the coolest thing growing up. Of course, until I actually really had my foot set in the hero business. Now I'm the geek everyone goes to for information. guess if you were a hero people would go to you and be like, 'Loki, my door won't open! Become a key!'" Tim laughed, well gave a soft chuckle at the thought.

"That would get pretty annoying though."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 11:31 am

Loki couldn't help the pleased, but a little surprised, smile forming on his face as he heard the boy say he was his favourite. It was good to know he was appresiated. His brother had always gotten all the praises and admiration, so it gave a boost to Loki's ego to hear he could have that too. Though, Tim might be the only person to think like that of the trickster god, but nevertheless.

"That would be new, people coming to me. Back at home, in Asgard, the most valued attributes are to be strong and brave in battle. Reading a book is seeing as wasting valuable time from training. I wasn't really gifted in the area of brute strenght and I was a bookworm, so people didn't take me very seriously. My brother and his friends would tease me about that..." Loki's smile faltered a little. Soon it came back and he turned backt to the boy.

"But it's good people rely on you for knowledge. You must be very valuable to your comrades."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 11:39 am

"Usually I'm the planner, the tactician. They fight while I'm the detective. Plus, aren't most of the warriors in Asgard like brainless people that just follow around Odin because they have nothing better to do?" Tim mused aloud. He had always been the book worm. Bruce had the brawn, Dick had the personality, Jason had the emotion, he had the smarts, and Damian was the annoying demon spawn from hell. They seemed to balance each other out for the most part.

"Most people that rely on strength bully others that rely on cunning smarts and other ways to stay alive... but not all. Kon doesn't do that. Kon never did that... though it gets a little annoying when people think you can break like a toothpick." Tim rolled his eyes at the statement. He was human, yes, but he wasn't made of glass.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Loki snorted. "That would be an understatement. The whole of Asgard is like a herd of sheep and Odin is the herdsman, and Thor his faithful dog. And I'm the wolf, lurking in the outskirts." Even a little disturbance in their simple little lives got them in a stiff and go crawl upon their dear king. They had never questioned him or Thor. They had even let him sew his own brother's mouth shut, just because he had told a ickle lie.

Loki took a more leisurely position on the chair and crossed his fingers on his lap. "But I guess it's our greatest advantage. To look like we would not pose a great threath. Let our opponent churn in their false safety and then we'll strike and break their bubble." He smiled evily.

"This Kon..." Loki said curiously. "Sounds like an interesting guy. I would love to meet him sometime. See if he's really like you are portraying him to be."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 pm

"God, you make it sound down right... well evil. Though, that's true." Tim said, nodding his head at the Norse God before letting a smile rest on his face.

"Yeah, Kon should be back soon. Hopefully he didn't get lost." Tim chuckled out, remembering the one time Kon had gotten lost in the Manor in their home world. It was a pain trying to find him after that.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 12:42 pm

He let out a chuckle of his own. "Lets hope not. This place is quite extensive, indeed. Leaves to wonder what use Mr. Wayne has for all these rooms. If he's even visited all of them at all."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 12:44 pm

"Dunno, I wonder how Alfred has the patience to clean it all." Tim amused alongside the Norse God. Trying to even figure out how cleaning all of those rooms even left time in his day to play mother Hen to the baby birds in his care.

Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm

"I hope he gets paid enough. I could never image myself serving someone... Without gaining something valuable in turn, of course." And that something would have to be something very remarkable, like the throne of Asgard for example. Even then his servitude would not last long...

"I doubt Wayne himself does anything around the house." He snorted. "But the image of him with a maid's apron and swiping dust is quite amusing."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm

"Bruce doesn't really make all the much of a mess. He would just forget to fed himself without Alfred. Then again, all of the Bat Family would." Tim mused, he wasn't as attached to Alfred as Dick or even as Jason was. He came into the Manor after he was sixteen. Only went there because Bruce found out he was living alone with family that didn't exist.

"Why do our topics seem to come back around to Bruce?"
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Loki stopped to wonder about that too. Even if they changed topic a pons asinorum jumps out of nowhere and leads them backwards.

"Maybe his presence is too great in here that it doesn't allow anyone to talk about anything else but his glorious self." He joked.

"And you mentioning about eating... Are you hungry? I'm sure you haven't had anything in your stomach the while you have been laying in your sick bed."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 1:43 pm

"Sounds like Bruce." Tim said with an eye roll.

"Not entirely, but I'm not much of a person for an appetite. I probably should eat." Tim said, blinking. Food hadn't even crossed his mind for a while.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   Wed May 30, 2012 1:55 pm

He nodded. "Maybe something light then. Just a second."

Loki took a pouch hanging from his waist and opened it. He took out a little red orb and placed it on the bed sheet in front of Tim. He took out another object from the pouch, this time a yellow orb. It got its place next the red one.

Then Loki started mumbling in a strange language and touched each of the orb with his finger, causing them to glow. The orbs started to get bigger and change their form. The glowing dimmed and revealed an apple and an orange laying before them.

Loki smiled. "There you go. Serve yourself." He invited the boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good morning, Sunshine   

Back to top Go down

Good morning, Sunshine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next