HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

You're Even Lamer than the Joker

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Red Robin

PostSubject: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Tim sat up in his designated bed. Kon had gone out to do something which left him bored in the bed. He tried not to scratch at the bandages on his arm. Skin growing back made everything so itchy. He was driving him mad.

He unwrapped the bandages and looked at the word the would be scarred into his skin.

Perfect.

Something he knew he'd never be.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Loki was now in a good mood. He would have so much fun watching Tony try to keep his stubborn head. Now he needed something else to do in the mean time.

He walked past the infirmary door but took a step back, as he saw from the corner of his eye that someone was there. It was one of that Bat fellows associate. Red Robin if he remembered correctly. He examined the boy. He looked like... Like he had felt many times in his childhood... Sitting alone in his room. Before he knew it, he was walking towards the boy.

"Why such a sad face? It takes fewer muscles to smile then frown."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Tim looked at his arm, his fingers tracing the angry looking scars.

"Why such a sad face? It takes fewer muscles to smile then frown."

Tim let a soft smile cover his lips as he looked up. He didn't recognize the voice but he could hear the sincerity of the words. He moved the bandages over the nasty scars as he tilted his head. The guy looked... weird.

"Hi?" Tim asked, minorly confused. He seriously had no idea who this person was. And that was saying something.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Loki smiled at the boy. "I'm Loki Laufeyson. And you are Red Robin, am I right?"

(OOC: Short post is short.)
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 4:39 pm

"...Loki... like in that Norse God of Mischief?" Tim had severely hobbies like computers and other things. But he loved mythology. It was one of the reasons he, Donna, and Cassie had gotten along so well.

"I'm Red Robin, but... you can call me Tim. Everyone does." Tim moved his uninjured arm to brush his hair back behind his ear. His bangs were starting to get a bit long. He'd need a hair cut soon.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 4:54 pm

"Yes, I'm him." He answered. "So, Tim... How'd that happen?" He nodded his head towards Tim's bandaged hand. He had got a glimpse before the boy had covered it again.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 4:58 pm

"...You're Loki? That's freaking awesome." Tim brightened considerably. He had met Gods in his line of work but this was Loki! The Trickster! The God Tim found he most related with in terms of everything that had happened in his life.

Tim's eyes fell as his demeanor changed to a less exuberant one.

"I... I did something stupid. I lost my brother and it feels like my father wished that he hadn't lost his other son. I just felt like the reject. The black sheep. And... I did something stupid. I wish I could take it back now but..." Tim just let his voice fade as he looked down at his hands.

I was never perfect enough, was I?
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Loki sat himself on the foot of the bed and listened the boy talk. His heart reached out for him. It seemed they had a lot in common.

"I know how you feel. All of my childhood I watched as my... Father praised and favoured my brother, Thor. All of them did. My brother had everything while I watched in the shadows." Loki frowed, momentarily re-living the times in his head. But then he smiled.

"But I always had something he would never have. My magic..." his left hand glowed soft pink and sparkling butterflies came out of it. They flew for a while before vanishing.

"And brains." He smiled while tappind his head.

He looked at Tim's injured arm. "I could do something about that if you'd like." He offered.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 5:25 pm

"I know how you feel. All of my childhood I watched as my... Father praised and favoured my brother, Thor. All of them did. My brother had everything while I watched in the shadows."

Tim knew the stories but it felt so much realer when Loki said it. It sunk into his chest and made an ache. They really had things in common. Things that not a lot of other people understood.

Tim looked up to hear Loki speak, his eyes widened at the butterflies as his face followed the glowing creatures.

"Wow..." He said breathlessly. They were so beautiful. So perfect.

Another slap to the face.

"I've... always been the lesser known one. Bruce, my father, always preferred Dick. Even gave him beyond special treatment... I idolized Dick. He was everything I wanted to be, but I was always smarter. Always. Everyone knew it but I still... I never compared to him. I was never good enough to be out of his shadow. I was just another soldier, just another Robin. I meant nothing..." Tim's eyes burned, but he refused to cry in front of someone that he idolized.

Not again.

"What could you do about it? What's the point? It'll fit in with all the others scars." Tim barked how a hollow laugh. His chest ached unbelievably as he fought of the need to cry with a valiant effort.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Everything the boy said sounded like something he would have said at one point. And that upset him.

"If you yourself think like that, then you really are the lesser one." He said. "Don't treat yourself like that. It doesn't make things any better. It makes you even weaker in the eyes of other's. They'll think you are fragile, something to cast aside and thread around carefully. Like you would break at any time. Don't let yourself be one like that. Instead of wallowing in your misery in a dark corner, focuse that energy into something else, like becoming stronger. Because eventually, everyone's going to have to pay attention to you... And when they do, they are going to be the ones to envy you." Loki tapped his finger on Tim's chest.

He took Tim's injured hand and ripped the bandages away. He then swiped his hand across the wounds and they vanished. In it's place appeared a snake symbol.

"That is my symbol. It's wearer is under my protection. It will also heal all scars and prevent you from inflicting more on yourself."

Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Tim winced at Loki's words. He was right. He breathed out, releasing a breath he had no idea he was holding.

The ex-Boy Wonder felt his arm being touched and pulled. He almost protested until he noticed the scars, Perfect was gone. In it's place was a symbol he knew all too well.

By God a god gave a shit about him. He couldn't stop the tears that ran over his eyes. He didn't give a damn. He might have been twenty but this God knew what to say to make the pain stop. That was more than he could ever ask for.

"...I... I don't know what to say. Thank you... just doesn't... cover it all."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 7:28 pm

"Just promise me you won't do any more stupid things." He smiled softly. "And I think it's useless for you to lie here anymore. Go have some fun."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 7:31 pm

"I promise." Tim said, wiping his eyes on his arm. He was almost half tempted to do as Loki asked but stopped. He couldn't do that, Kon was expecting him here.

"I have to wait for my boyfriend to come back. But... you're more than welcome to keep me company until then... if you... y'know don't have any God duties or something." Tim said, a bit bashful, almost forgetting he couldn't keep his favorite Norse God to himself.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 7:42 pm

"I wouldn't mind doing that. I have nothing to do right now so it's okay." he said. "So, you have a boyfriend? Lucky him. Who is it?"
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Tim perked up, having someone to talk to was a lot better than his traitorous thoughts. He flustered, though, when Loki asked him about his boyfriend.

"Uh... I guess I'm the lucky one. He's... Kind of perfect. His alias is Superboy but I call him Kon..."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Loki had to search his memory before he could add name to a face. "I'm sure he thinks the same about you. He seems to be of the caring type. Like a big teddy bear." He chuckled. "My wife is the same. Always being there for my aid."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Sun May 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Tim nodded, significant others usually did sit there and support them. Well, good ones anyway.

"He kind of is..." Tim chuckled out, Kon was always warm and felt perfect and comfortable. Never was there a moment that he could think of where Kon wasn't a teddy bear.

Okay, besides the time Kon almost killed Tim, there wasn't a moment that he couldn't remember the other not being a teddy bear.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 8:59 am

Loki hmm'ed. Loki haven't seen his wife in a while. Maybe he should pay her a visit soon.

"Was he the one who found you and brought you here?"

Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 9:47 am

Tim's eyes dropped once more to his hands.

"We... got into an argument. Well, more I was upset and I started yelling at him. I... left and did it. I think he and someone else found me. I'm not sure, the details... get really fuzzy after I left his room." Tim confessed, it hurt to say but he figured he might as well tell someone. Like hell he was telling Bruce. Last time Bruce found out about his habits Robin was fired from being Robin.

No way in hell he was letting that happen. Never again.
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 am

Loki put a supporting hand on Tim's shoulder. He was surprised at himself for feeling this sympathetic towards the boy. He had thought he'd hardened himself against those kinds of feelings. But the boy resembled himself too much and that made him want to help him.

"Well, I'm sure everything's going to be different from now on. He must be worried about you. Let him help you too."

(OOC: Sappy Loki. >.>)
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 10:20 am

Tim almost flinched away from the touch. He hadn't exactly let anyone do that since he woke up. Then again, Kon was almost the only person he let in the room anymore.

"He tries, it's obvious. He's just... not like everyone else. I guess I like that about him. He's not sheepeople." Tim gave a rough noise of amusement. Sheepeople word always amused him for some odd reason.

"But, I promise that I'll try to fix myself... and let him help. He's... naive, it's adorable that he's so innocent but he's clueless on what to do in this situation."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 10:40 am

Loki withrew his hand. He too smiled in humour at the sheepeople part.

"Yes. Those kind of people are the worst kind. I'm pleased you have found someone who's not like that. I've met too many people who are too easy to manipulate that it's not even been a challenge." He looked back to all those times he'd tricked his Thor and his friends when they were children.

"Well, anytime you need to talk to someone, I'm happy to volunteer." He smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 10:44 am

"I'll probably take you up on your offer, though Kon might get jealous." Tim teased lightly, it was nice to feel... good for the first time in a little while. He covered his mouth to yawn, he still wasn't exactly 100% and he felt it by getting tired way too easily.

"So... I noticed you're not collared. Does that mean you're a Protector? And if so... are you a good one or a bad one? I'd assume good but... you can never be too sure."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 am

He chuckled at Tim's teasing. He put his arms in a defensive way. "I assure he has nothing to worry about. You're a bit too young for me."

"And yes, I am a protector. But I view myself to be neutral. I will do things that are necessary, be them bad or good." He explained. "I like to walk my own way."
Back to top Go down
Red Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   Mon May 28, 2012 11:14 am

"I'm a bit too young? I think that's an understatement." Tim almost snorted, almost.

"Ah." Tim said, after hearing Loki explanation. He sounded a bit like Jason, but didn't necessarily sound like he went killing bad guys.

"So, are you an anti-hero then? Like you do stuff for the good and bad side but ultimately it's for your own personal gain?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're Even Lamer than the Joker   

Back to top Go down

You're Even Lamer than the Joker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next